The Wisconsin Badgers (1-1 overall) continue the non-conference portion of their schedule with game against the McNeese State Cowboys (1-2 overall). The Cowboys lost the first two games of their campaign, to Western Michigan and Louisiana, before picking up their first W of the year against NAIA squad Southern New Orleans, 104-33.
The Cowboys are basically a completely different team than last year as five of their top eight leading scorers left the team. Transfer Dru Kuxhausen is averaging 17 points per game, to lead the team, and shooting 12-of-26 from deep on the season while A.J. Lawson, another transfer, is second on the team with 15 ppg.
Wisconsin has reigning B1G Player of the Week, and leading scorer, Nate Reuvers ready, willing and able to block any and all shots heading his way as well as Brad Davison and Kobe King who are each averaging 12 ppg.
How to watch/listen
TV: BTN, 6:00 p.m. CT, Jeff Levering, Ben Brust
Streaming: FOX Sports app
Radio/Satellite: 1310 AM, Sirius 83, XM 83; Matt Lepay and Mike Lucas
Live stats: Here!
Arena: Kohl Center, Madison, Wisconsin
Line: Wisconsin -22.5
KenPom Wisconsin win percentage: 98%
Fun facts (according to the media guides)
- Wednesday’s game marks the first-ever meeting between Wisconsin and McNeese State.
- UW holds a 7-0 all-time record against teams from the Southland Conference.
- Nate Reuvers ranks No. 10 in the Big Ten in scoring (18.0 ppg), No. 7 in rebounding (10.0 rpg) and leads the Big Ten averaging 6.5 blocks per game. No Big Ten TEAM has more blocks than Reuvers (13).
- Wisconsin won its home opener last Friday for the 21st time in the last 22 seasons with a 65-52 win over Eastern Illinois.
Uh oh... guess what day is it?!— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) November 13, 2019
Guess what day it is... ‼️
Wisconsin vs. McNeese State
Tip set for 6 p.m. CT on BTN#OnWisconsin » #Badgers pic.twitter.com/e2pBDZBtBq
- D’Mitrik Trice, junior, guard, No. 0
- Aleem Ford, redshirt junior, forward, No. 2
- Kobe King, redshirt sophomore, guard, No. 23
- Brad Davison, junior, guard, No. 34
- Nate Reuvers, junior, forward, No. 35
- Dru Kuxhausen, junior, guard, No. 0
- Leondre Washington, junior, guard, No. 3
- A.J. Lawson, junior, forward, No. 12
- Roydell Brown, senior, forward, No. 22
- Sha’markus Kennedy, senior, center, No. 23