Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Despite losing in the first round of the B1G Tournament, the women’s soccer team is back in the top-10 before the NCAA Tournament kicks off this weekend.
We're back in the top-10 heading into the @NCAASoccer tournament! #OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/zrhpfpRw8e— Wisconsin Soccer (@BadgerWSoccer) November 12, 2019
- A couple more vintage Jonathan Taylor performances would be pretty nice this month.
Jonathan Taylor was back to his old ways in Week 11 against Iowa. pic.twitter.com/e33vqJ6ozl— PFF College (@PFF_College) November 11, 2019
- The Badgers only got a split on the road against Omaha, but Alex Turcotte had himself a weekend.
3️⃣ Goals— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerMHockey) November 12, 2019
That makes @LAKings draft pick @Turcotte__71 the...
Big Ten ⭐️⭐️ Star of the Week pic.twitter.com/EfjSRkrbq4
- I do NOT follow hockey recruiting closely at all so reading stuff like this is super interesting to me.
Seeing Omaha's Joey Abate score against the #Badgers last weekend made me wonder how other former UW commits are doing this season. Here's a list of some, including players that left after starting their college career at UW: pic.twitter.com/oTdH0e4vMq— Todd Milewski (@ToddMilewski) November 12, 2019
That Max Gildon fellow would be nice to have imo.
- So, today is the start of the early signing period for college basketball. We’ll have more on all of the players that sign their NLI today/this week as they, uh, sign them.
To say Johnny and Jordan Davis were born with a basketball in their hands is only a slight exaggeration. Their father put one there shortly after they arrived. Teammates for life, the brothers Davis will sign with the #Badgers on Wednesday. Their story: https://t.co/bAm7MBuXRL— Jim Polzin (@JimPolzinWSJ) November 12, 2019
- I’m so happy that regular readers of this site will know what the emojis mean here.
— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) November 13, 2019
Not in our house@Chris_Guwap @EricBurrell_ pic.twitter.com/IywtPbZnus
- “Do you like to be called Harry Potter now that you have a scar on your forehead?”
❓ Who's the best singer?— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) November 12, 2019
❓ Favorite movie or TV show?
❓ Funniest Badger on the team?
Got any fun questions for @DMitrikTrice0 and the Badgers? Reply to this tweet and Ask the Badgers. Your ? could be featured on the video board at the Kohl Center this season! pic.twitter.com/juveBmwIRy
- Pretty B1G week for Marquette with Purdue on Wednesday and Wisconsin on Sunday. Hopefully you’ll be able to watch that game and not have to worry about the Badgers against McNeese.
- Pretty sweet goal by Penn State last weekend.
- The No. 4 women’s basketball recruit in the country picked Iowa.
- Different color jerseys were give to a couple of players in Lincoln.
- Not much new on Chase Young’s situation at Ohio State.
- 1) Drink Malört. 2) Watch Nortwestern/UMass. 3) Profit?
- It’s a shame that undefeated Northwestern isn’t ranked in the CFP poll.
- Illinois at Arizona was one of the non-conference games I was very interested in. The Illini lost, but I think they’re still going to be pretty good.
B1G basketball scoreboard from over the weekend (losses in bold because we are here to laugh at misfortune):
First of all, new No. 1 Kentucky lost at home to Evansville, 67-64 lolololololololol. Ok, here are the B1G scores.
Indiana 91 - North Alabama 65
Michigan 79 - Creighton 69
Minnesota 56 - Butler 64