Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- WHO SAYS BASKETBALL PLAYERS AREN’T TOUGH!?!
- The NCAA has a chance to do what is right and allow Micah Potter to play. What are the chances they do it? I’m saying 5%.
- Bob is going to have an NCAA Tournament preview post coming later this week but for now here are the details for the Badgers first round matchup.
- 250 rushing yards against Iowa is like 400 rushing yards against most other teams.
- Show me the lie.
- Hopefully Jack Berry is able to recover quickly and get back on the ice.
At his press conference today, #Badgers coach Tony Granato said there wasn't any ligament damage when goalie Jack Berry's left (glove) hand was cut by a skate at practice. Berry needs stitches but might be able to practice later this week.— Todd Milewski (@ToddMilewski) November 11, 2019
- Joe Lunardi has the Badgers...IN THE TOURNAMENT AFTER ONE WEEK!
...25-VCU, 26-Colo, 27-UTAHST, 28-Lsu; 29-Wash, 30-Prov, 31-Marq, 32-Hou; 33-Tenn, 34-CINCY, 35-Mich, 36-Creigh, 37-Okla, 38-NDame, 39-NCSt, 40-Wisc, 41-Illini, 42-Wvu (LAST FOUR IN) 43-Dayton, 44-Indiana, 45-KanSt, 46-MissSt...— Joe Lunardi (@ESPNLunardi) November 11, 2019
- Former Badgers still dominating on the ice.
- Eyes on the prize.
- Scott Frost is “confident” in his staff.
- Are the Huskers heading in the right direction?
- James Franklin wasn’t great on the sideline against Minnesota.
- Week 1 grades for Purdue basketball. Matt Haarms is still tall.
- The line for the Northwestern/UMass game is OUTRAGEOUS!
- Is this the end of the line for Mark Dantonio at Michigan State?
- Oh my. The score of the Rutgers women’s basketball game is wild.
- The Terps have lost two recruits this week. Uh oh.
- God...they’re just so happy over at The Daily Gopher. It’s awful.
- A 2020 WR from Ohio commits to Michigan State.
- B1G basketball scoreboard from over the weekend (losses in bold because we are here to laugh at misfortune):
Iowa 78 - DePaul 93 (yikes)