The first game of the season is here! While this doesn’t count in the standings, it is the first time we’ll be able to see the 2019-20 Wisconsin Badgers men’s basketball team in action against a real life opponent.
Our very own Matt Belz will be at the Kohl Center bringing you all the updates from the court via the ol’ B5Q Twitter account and I’m sure one of you, somewhere, has a BTN+ account and you can also tweet us your reactions.
Please also use this post as the open thread to discuss the game and maybe even shout about the hockey team if they are losing big again (5 p.m. CT, BTN) when the hoops team tips off.
How to watch/listen
TV: BTN+ (this is an additional subscription service that you probably don’t pay for), 7:00 p.m. CT, couldn’t find who the announcers will be
Radio/Satellite: 1310 AM, Sirius 83, XM 83; Matt Lepay and Mike Lucas
Live stats: Here!
Arena: Kohl Center, Madison, Wis.
Fun facts (according to the media guides)
- Wisconsin hosts UW-La Crosse for its lone exhibition game of the preseason. Each of the last 15 seasons, UW has hosted a member of the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC) during exhibition play.
- UW head coach Greg Gard is an alum of WIAC member UW-Plattville and spent six seasons as an assistant with the Pioneers.
- The game also marks the fourth-annual Cancer Awareness Game. In partnership with Garding Against Cancer and the UW Carbone Cancer Center, the Badgers will be recognizing cancer survivors, doctors, researchers and everyone helping to fight this dreaded disease.
- Last season, the Eagles earned an at-large bid to the 2019 NCAA Division III Championship, their second appearance (2006, ‘19) in school history. UWL was one of 20 teams to earn an at-large bid to the national championships.
- Wisconsin begins its 121st season of men’s basketball in 2019-20 and the fifth season with Greg Gard as the head coach.
- Wisconsin leads the all-time regular season series with UWL, 3-0. The teams last played in a regulars season game in the 1921-22 season.
- The last time the two teams played an exhibition game was in 2010 and the Badgers beat the Eagles 84-59.
- D’Mitrik Trice, junior, guard, No. 0
- Aleem Ford, redshirt junior, forward, No. 2
- Kobe King, redshirt sophomore, guard, No. 23
- Brad Davison, junior, guard, No. 34
- Nate Reuvers, junior, forward, No. 35
- Wyatt Cook, junior, forward, No. 0
- Ethan Anderson, sophomore, guard, No. 4
- Luke Norcia, senior, guard, No. 10
- Terek Nesheim, senior, forward, No. 24
- Zac Haese, senior, guard, No. 25