Recruiting is the lifeblood of any major college athletics team, but following it closely as a fan can sometimes be difficult and can often be time consuming. We’ll try and condense all the recruiting news you can use into this bi-weekly post. It’ll include updates on current commits as well as news on players the Badgers are still pursuing. Let’s get down to business!
Here is the list of visitors for the Kent State game that we could find on Twitter.
- Caleb Frazer (Kimberly) is an unranked 2021 RB. He is 6-foot-1 and weighs 195 pounds and he had a great time down in Mad Town.
- Unranked 2021 CB from Chicago, Myles Mooyoung (Kenwood Academy) was in Madison for the game. He already has offers from Houston and Southern Miss and is receiving interest from Illinois, Iowa, Purdue, Memphis, a host of MAC teams and the Badgers.
The 5-foot-10 corner ran a 4.86 40-yard dash at The Opening Regional on May 11th.
I had a great time today in “The Best College Town in America”. I just want to say thank you to @jimleonhard @CoachKhalif @CoachWHerring @CoachGebhardt for making me feel at home! #OnWisconsin #Badgerblood @AllenTrieu pic.twitter.com/wR2GqClvv2— Myles Mooyoung 9️⃣ (@showtimemoo) October 5, 2019
- 2020 Waukesha WR Joe Sikma (Catholic Memorial) was also in town. The only other info I could find on Sikma was that he was a “name to know” in a 2018 article about recruits in Wisconsin for the 2020 class.
- I could not find a recruiting page for 2021 MLB Danny Knudsen (Eden Prairie, Minn.), but here is his Hudl page, which has been updated recently so I know he is a real person. The other person in Knudsen’s pictures is his teammate, 2021 4-star ATH Justice Sullivan (Badgers are recruiting him as a MLB).
Sullivan has already received offers from Iowa, Minnesota and Nebraska. According to Rivals he is receiving interest from Iowa State, Notre Dame, Kansas State, Northwestern and Wisconsin. He is rated as the No. 229 player in the country by the 247 Composite and the second best player in the state of Minnesota.
The Badgers already have the top player from Minnesota (see links above) for the 2021 class, so adding the next best player would be pretty nice.
- Mac Strand is a 2021 ATH, but he plays LB in high school, from Appleton (Xavier) who stands a shade under six feet tall and weighs 225 pounds. He is also receiving interest from Iowa.
- Sam Shutter is an in-state, unranked 2020 OLB from Plymouth. The 6-foot-3 senior has received a scholarship offer from Minnesota-Crookston.
- 2020 WR Haakon Anderson out of Verona is unranked by Rivals and doesn’t have a profile on 247. He is also a recruited athlete in lacrosse. He is receiving interest from Drake, Duke, Eastern Kentucky, North Dakota and North Dakota State.
Tremendous game day atmosphere and culture at Wisconsin! Thank you @CoachKhalif @CoachGebhardt for this great opportunity and experience. @CoachHaering @CoachWHerring @McNamaraRivals pic.twitter.com/KuSWjvAmXY— Haakon Anderson (@Haakon_Anderson) October 5, 2019
- 2021 DE Sammy Smith made the short trip to Camp Randall for the game on Saturday. Smith, who attends Madison West and stands 6 feet tall and weighs 220 pounds, is unranked by Rivals.
- Unranked 2021 CB Andre Powell made his way back to the great state of Wisconsin for the Kent State game. Powell, who played his freshman year football in Waukesha, now lives in Naples, Fla. He has also received interest, and offers, from Southern Miss and Tulane. Rivals notes that Liberty has also offered him a scholarship and Miami (Fla.), Northwestern, Notre Dame, USF and Stanford are interested.
- Kameron Lee, a 6-foot-2 2021 WR from Kenosha (Indian Trail Academy), took in the Kent State game over the weekend. According to Rivals, Northwestern and Western Michigan have also expressed interest in Lee.
- Alex Current is an unranked 2021 RB from Muskego. The 5-foot-11 back has also been shown interest by Iowa, Michigan State, Northwestern, Western Michigan and North Dakota State.