Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Your B1G Champion women’s soccer team won AGAIN last night in a rescheduled game against Ohio State. Here is the conference tournament bracket.
- The Badgers won their secret scrimmage against Iowa State.
- The men’s hockey team got a new recruit.
I’m excited and honored to announce my commitment to play college hockey at the the University of Wisconsin. I want to thank my family, friends, teammates and coaches who have helped me get to this point! #OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/Vw48HydGb8— Robby Newton (@RobbyNewton13) October 30, 2019
- Hope she doesn’t mind the cold!
- The Badgers swept Maryland on Wednesday night.
- No. 1 vs. No. 2.
- Nebraska played an exhibition game against a team I’m pretty sure they made up, but still, here are some thoughts on it.
- I spoke with Black Shoe Diaries about the hockey series starting tonight.
- The Maryland women’s hoops team is preseason No. 4 in the country. I’d like to see the Badgers keep it close with them this year.
- Ohio State’s men’s basketball team should be pretty good this year. Here is a breakdown of all of their newcomers.
- One of the best college lacrosse players of all time is a grad transfer for the Northwestern basketball team. Weird.
- This is a nice and good thing that Jim Harbaugh did.
- It’s weird that “positionless basketball” is a “thing” now. Wisconsin has been doing this since Bo Ryan was coach, but has never gotten credit for it. I’m interested to see how it works out for Juwan Howard and Michigan.
- An Illinois football player is suspended for...well, I don’t really know but he is definitely suspended.
- 2020 3-star Virginia QB picks Michigan State.