Recruiting is the lifeblood of any major college athletics team, but following it closely as a fan can sometimes be difficult and can often be time consuming. We’ll try and condense all the recruiting news you can use into this bi-weekly post. It’ll include updates on current commits, including stats from their high school games, as well as news on players the Badgers are still pursuing. Let’s get down to business!
Current Football Commits
- I feel like I start every one of these posts off with 2020 3-star WR Chimere Dike (Waukesha) but he keeps doing awesome shit that I need to talk about. LOOK AT THAT TOUCHDOWN RUN! What a bonkers ass play!
I couldn’t find any offensive stats for Dike, outside of the one rushing touchdown he worked extremely hard for, but he did have five tackles in North’s loss to Waukesha West.
- 2020 3-star DE Cade McDonald (Hudson) had a nice game against Menomonie. He had four tackles with a few (all?) of them coming behind the line of scrimmage.
- 2020 3-star LB/TE Cole Dakovich’s (Waukesha) Catholic Memorial team got their doors blown off by Muskego, but Dakovich had six catches for 56 yards and five tackles on defense. Seriously, Muskego ran for 493 yards at a 12.3 yards per carry clip. The only pass Muskego’s QB threw was a 17-yard TD.
- 2020 4-star LB Nick Herbig (Honolulu, Hawaii) seems to always find himself in these roundups because he always seems to find himself in the opposing team’s backfield forcing a fumble.
Outside of these two sacks and the forced fumble, Herbig also racked up 10 tackles in St. Louis’ 54-21 win over Mililani.
- 2020 3-star ATH Preston Zachman (Catawissa, Pa.) is playing impressively at QB and LB for Southern Columbia HS.
Southern QB Preston Zachman takes D4 lead in passer rating at 196.5; Danville's KJ Riley 2nd at 176.2. Montoursville's Hunter Shearer (174.2), Lewisburg's Nick Shedleski (149.2) and Sayre's Brayden Horton (148.6) round out the top 5 #piaa— chris masse (@docmasse) October 2, 2019
In the first half alone of his most recent game he managed to score a touchdown on both sides of the ball.
End of 1: Southern 42, S. Williamsport 0— Arthur Dowell (@ABCDowell) September 27, 2019
• Julian Fleming 26 yd. reception from Preston Zechman
• Fleming 48 yd screen -broke both the rec. TD and yard record
• Zachman 26 fumble return
• Gai. Garcia 41 run
• Gav. Garcia 19 run
• Gai. Garcia 54 run