Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- We’ve got a whole post coming later this morning about the BIG TEN CHAMPION women’s soccer team.
IT'S COMIN' BACK TO MADISON. @BadgerWSoccer is the 2019 B1G Regular Season champion! pic.twitter.com/cu1J7LvKEH— Wisconsin On BTN (@WisconsinOnBTN) October 27, 2019
Congratulations to @BadgerWSoccer which clinched the outright #B1GWSOC title Sunday with a 3-1 win at Northwestern: https://t.co/IxtDUomJG5 pic.twitter.com/MoYXRXhjkB— Big Ten Soccer (@B1GSoccer) October 27, 2019
- We’ve also got a whole post coming later today about Frank Kaminsky’s hot start to the NBA season.
okkkk @FSKPart3 pic.twitter.com/Uk0gOEACwT— Phoenix Suns (@Suns) October 27, 2019
- We’ll have a post later this week updating y’all on how the Overseas Badgers are doing this season.
Parents flew across the world to come watch me play a sport. I’m very blessed. pic.twitter.com/oUCthCzfHW— Sam Dekker (@dekker) October 27, 2019
- Badgers split their weekend series with Clarkson thanks to this goal by Owen Lindmark with six seconds left in the game on Saturday night!
Here's the whole play on the #Badgers winning goal. Tarek Baker tries to tie up Clarkson's Josh Dunne on the draw, and it looks like Dunne is able to poke it back to Devin Brosseau, who can't handle it before Roman Ahcan goes forward. pic.twitter.com/tMBmyW4IXa— Todd Milewski (@ToddMilewski) October 27, 2019
- Jonathan Taylor may struggle against Ohio State but he still managed to move on up the all-time rushing yards list.
Congrats @JayT23 !! Well deserved man! Well deserved! https://t.co/7oOew7UJOx— Montee Ball (@MonteeBall28) October 26, 2019
- I hate young people.
Found out more than a few players on @BadgerVB team have thought Mick Jagger wasn’t the first & last name of the Rolling Stones lead singer but instead his last name was McJagger. It’s so awesome because now I can’t stop hearing it that way.— Jon Arias (@JonAriasRadio) October 25, 2019
Although, the volleyball team is alright, I guess.
Tricky, tricky @haggerty_molly— Wisconsin Volleyball (@BadgerVB) October 25, 2019
When you have as powerful of a swing as her, other things tend to open up pic.twitter.com/HpMTZMyQmM
- This made me want to throw up.
What were you doing at 5:45 AM? @BadgerWrestling was getting after this workout. ♂️ #JumpAround | @FloWrestling pic.twitter.com/JCPYjUU6p6— Wisconsin On BTN (@WisconsinOnBTN) October 25, 2019
- Get well soon, J.J. Watt.
This game can be beautiful and it can also be brutal. Absolutely gutted that I won’t be able to finish the season with my guys and give the fans what they deserve. I truly love this game and can’t stand letting you guys down. Thank you for all of the thoughts & well-wishes.— JJ Watt (@JJWatt) October 28, 2019
- The Badgers and Hawkeyes have a bye before facing off in Camp Randall in two weeks. Here’s a breakdown of Iowa’s shutout of Northwestern.
- Report card for Nebraska’s home loss to Indiana while the Huskers were wearing their black jerseys. LMAO!
- Rough weekend for the Huskers. Purdue upset No. 5 Nebraska in five sets on the volleyball court.
- An early end to a sad, formerly promising, season for the Boilermakers.
- The only thing LGHL learned from Ohio State’s methodical destruction of the Badgers was how great their players are. I am sad again.
- Hey! Rutgers won a football game!
- Michigan pounded a top-10 Notre Dame team on Saturday night. Keeping Jim Harbaugh around for another few years sounds alright to me.
- Woof, Maryland got balled up and dunked into a trash can by Minnesota.
- Illinois can win the Big Ten West. I...kind of want this to happen.
- Indiana can go to the Rose Bowl. I...kind of want THIS to happen.
- Minnesota is undefeated. I...definitely did not want this to happen.