The drop in the rankings were expected, and Wisconsin finds themselves back into the upper teens where they started in the preseason polls.
Lets take a look at how the rest of the top-25 looks after some shake-ups across the nation and in the conference.
Ohio State reaffirmed their dominance at the top of the conference after taking down the Badgers. The Buckeyes currently stand at No. 3 or No. 4 depending on the poll with a bye week upcoming.
Ohio State is clearly the best team in college football— Jim Rome (@jimrome) October 26, 2019
Penn State (8-0) took care of business over the weekend with a victory on the road against Michigan State, vaulting them another spot higher to No. 5 in the country.
Wisconsin, is no longer the next highest ranked squad. That title now belongs to undefeated Minnesota. The Gophers currently stand at No. 13 in the latest polls, with a upcoming matchup with Penn State looming on Nov. 9th.
Michigan climbed back into the top-15 of the updated polls after a dominant win over Notre Dame. The Wolverines have Maryland on the docket next weekend.
Iowa is the lowest ranked conference representative at No. 19 in the recently released Coaches Poll and AP Poll. Iowa will face off with Wisconsin after a bye week.
- Oklahoma was stunned over the weekend by Kansas State, and slid in the rankings to barely stay in the top ten. The loss was a significant hit to the Big-12 conference and the playoff picture.
- Notre Dame and Texas each fell significantly after losses. Notre Dame has now lost to both Georgia and Michigan, and is ranked No. 16, ahead of the Badgers. A bit of a head scratcher considering Wisconsin beat Michigan handily. Texas is the only ranked team with three losses in the Coaches Poll, and are now unranked according to the press.
- Oregon and Utah continue to jump up in the rankings. The two Pac-12 teams are both hoping to find a way to push their way into the college football playoff conversation. The duo are not scheduled to meet during the regular season, but could see one another in the conference title game.
- LSU is now the top ranked team in the AP Poll after a big win over Auburn. The Coaches Poll bumped the Tigers to No. 2 behind Alabama. The two programs will duke it out on November 9th.
- The top three teams are about as close as possible in the updated AP Poll. Only eight votes currently separate No. 1 LSU from No. 3 Ohio State.
AP Top-25: No. 22 Kansas State; No. 24 Memphis; No. 25 San Diego State
Coaches Poll: No. 25 Kansas State
AP Top-25: No. 15 Texas; No. 23 Iowa State; No. 24 Arizona State
Coaches Poll: No. 24 Arizona State