Recruiting is the lifeblood of any major college athletics team, but following it closely as a fan can sometimes be difficult and can often be time consuming. We’ll try and condense all the recruiting news you can use into this bi-weekly post. It’ll include updates on current commits as well as news on players the Badgers are still pursuing. Let’s get down to business!
New football offers
- 247 Composite 2021 4-star ATH/WR/S Daejon Reynolds (Lawrenceville, Ga.) got his ::double checks:: 27th offer over the weekend from the Badgers.
Reynolds is being recruited by Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Michigan, Michigan State, Nebraska, Miami (Fla.), Louisville, Tennessee and a whole bunch of other schools. The Dawgs or the Jackets seem to be the teams to beat, but he has pretty much his pick of where he wants to play.
Rivals has him rated as the No. 220 player in the whole country and 247 has him as the No. 327 player. I don’t know where Wisconsin would want to play him, but his Hudl video shows him making some nice catches as a WR and UW will start to lose some depth there in the next two years.
- 2021 4-star WR Kobe Paysour also received an offer from UW (smh at Wisconsin University) over the weekend. Paysour is a 6-foor-1 WR from Kings Mountain, North Carolina and he holds offers from Georgia, Duke, North Carolina, South Carolina, Appalachian State, Louisville, Virginia Tech and others.
He is ranked as the No. 41 WR by the 247 Composite for the class of 2021.
- 2021 unranked DE/OLB Ayo Adebogun (Mequon) got his first collegiate scholarship offer over the weekend. According to Rivals, he is also receiving interest from Iowa and Michigan State.
In six games for Homestead (5-1) this season, Adebogun has 47 tackles, 21 tackles for loss, 10 sacks and two forced fumbles.
- 2021 3-star QB Deacon Pe’a Hill (Santa Barbara, Calif.), who committed to the Badgers over the summer, was in Madison to take in the Northwestern game.
- I could not find anything on Tanner Arkin on either of the main recruiting websites. His Twitter bio says he is from Fort Collins, Colorado, he plays OLB and TE and he has a 3.93 GPA.
- 2022 OL Carson Hinzman is a 4-star prospect and the top G in his class. He is from Hammond (Saint Croix Central High School) and holds offers from the Badgers and Iowa. There will be more to come.
Years ago, 2022 OL Carson Hinzman used to attend #Wisconsin camps just hoping Joe Rudolph would notice him.— Evan Flood (@Evan_Flood) October 1, 2019
It's safe to say Rudolph and the #Badgers now know all about the nation's No. 1 guard, who made back-to-back visits to Madison.https://t.co/zQnUC13OJj (VIP) pic.twitter.com/d5t9efGNGY
- Our photographer, Matt Fleming (@B5QPhotos) took a few pictures of recruits that were in town for the game and here they are in a nice gallery for you. A good number of current commits took in the win over Northwestern.
- 2022 PF Maximus Nelson (Appleton) was in town for an unofficial visit last weekend. The 6-foot-8 forward is not rated by either of the major recruiting services yet, but he is thought to be one of the better players in the state for 2022.
- There were a couple of other major visitors in town for the basketball team, but we’ve already covered them at length.
Random recruiting tidbits
- Top 2020 LB target, 4-star Kaden Johnson (Minneapolis, Minn.) took in Nebraska’s embarrassing defeat to Ohio State on national tv. He still had a “great official visit,” but he’s from Minnesota so he was probably just being polite.
- 2020 3-star SF Brandon Angel (Encinitas, Calif.), who was going to take an official visit to Madison before the 2020 class filled up, is going to Stanford.