Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Kristen Campbell is good at her job. If you get a puck past her you should have it framed and mounted tbqh.
- A nice interview with men’s hockey head coach Tony Granato on BTN.
- An injury to report at hockey practice.
RW Sean Dhooghe left #Badgers practice this morning, appearing to favor his left arm, after crashing into the end boards. No update available yet.— Todd Milewski (@ToddMilewski) October 1, 2019
- The future of the men’s hockey team continues to look bright.
- The two Watt boys who weren’t playing for the Steelers on MNF sure did enjoy watching their brother GET AFTER Andy Dalton.
- A big write up from Mike Lucas on UWBadgers.com about the upcoming men’s basketball season.
- Another award winning weekend for the women’s soccer team. The Badgers also moved up to No. 13 in the country in the new rankings.
- Kent State head coach Sean Lewis is a former Badgers TE. He doesn’t run an offense anything like the one he played in at UW.
- Here’s an interview with Lewis from Madison.com that delves into his coaching career.
Kent State coach Sean Lewis on the help he got from Barry Alvarez, the advice he got from #Badgers coach Paul Chryst and how he doesn't make a big deal about being the youngest coach in FBS because "my parents happened to make love when they made love." https://t.co/YLtdJGua4h— Jim Polzin (@JimPolzinWSJ) October 1, 2019
Also, let’s talk about Sean Lewis’ parents getting it on.
- Kent State plays fast. We’ll have more insight on their offense when we get to our Q&A on Thursday morning.
- Hey, B1G Basketball Media Day is today! Matt Belz will be live in scenic Rosemont, Ill. to give you all of the news and media lunch updates you’ll need.
- The Boilermakers have been ravaged by injuries this year and now a youth movement is upon them. Is this a good thing?
- Maryland RB Lorenzo Harrison III is likely to miss the rest of the season with an ACL injury.
- Pros and cons of Nunzio Campanile as the Rutgers interim coach.
- Three key match ups in an important B1G West matchup. NU vs. UNL...woof.
- Ohio State CB Jeffery Okudah might be the best defensive back to come out of Columbus in years.
- MSU junior RB Connor Heyward is the second player to enter the transfer portal this year for the Spartans.