- Linebacker Zack Baun on playing in Champaign: “It’s kind of a trap game, playing here in Champaign against a team like Illinois. Feel like we didn’t have the fire we’d had in previous games going in.”
- Quarterback Jack Coan and tight end Jake Ferguson on game-changing interception:
On 4Q INT thrown by Coan, Ferguson mentioned he felt he didn’t get enough depth on his corner route. Coan said he was the one that made the throw.— Jake Kocorowski (@JakeKoco) October 19, 2019
- Kicker Collin Larsh on his missed field goal attempt: “That’s my job to make that kick. I shoulder most of that responsibility because I left three out there. We lose the game by one point. That’s on me.”
- Linebacker Chris Orr on whether or not the team was looking ahead to the Ohio State game: “No. We just flat out got outplayed.”
- Illinois linebacker Jake Hansen on, well, a lot of things:
Perhaps the best post-game interview moment was #Illini LB Jake Hansen walking into the interview room with a cigar, yelling "31 point spread, huh?"— Shannon Ryan (@sryantribune) October 19, 2019
"It's a big F you," he said of the validation of upsetting No. 6 Wisconsin 24-23.
- Head coach Paul Chryst opens up his press conference: “Certainly give Illinois credit. They beat us today. I’ve always had a ton of respect for Lovie and what their team is doing. They’re a good team and we have gotta do better to give ourselves a chance each week.”
- Chryst offers his thoughts on the offense: “Offensively, we were in the red zone and we didn’t come away with enough points.”
- Listening to a Chryst press conference is rough. Listening to one after a loss leaves you with gems like this: “Both teams played today and Illinois made more plays than we did.”
- Chryst on kicking the field goal to go up two possessions instead of going for a TD: “You’re working through that thinking how are you going to make it a two possession game that’s what it came down to obviously. Now you wonder about that.”
Game notes (courtesy UW Athletic Dept.)
- Once the athletic department sends some out, we will update this post.