Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- The Badgers are doing pretty well on the ol’ gridiron, wouldn’t you say?
FOUR midseason All-Americans... that's just downright impressive. So proud of these guys. @zackbizzaun @Chris_Guwap @TylerBiadasz @JayT23 #OnWisconsin || #Badgers pic.twitter.com/L9rrxdqYmj— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) October 17, 2019
- Honestly, just about every team in the whole damn athletic department is doing pretty well, wouldn’t you say?
5⃣ Teams in Top 10?— Wisconsin Badgers (@UWBadgers) October 17, 2019
Teams in Top 25?
It's a good week to be a Badger!
Check out where Wisconsin currently ranks in the country: pic.twitter.com/5SjB9g1yru
- The interior of the Kohl Center is being redecorated before the men’s hockey home opener Friday night against Minnesota Duluth.
Some new additions going up on the main concourse of the Kohl Center: Jerseys of #Badgers players who've played in the NHL. pic.twitter.com/Lz3Jo09rFn— Todd Milewski (@ToddMilewski) October 17, 2019
- The goalies also had a little redecorating done of their...head exterior protector? Whatever, you know what I mean.
First home weekend coming up and all 3 @BadgerMHockey goal masks are complete #Badgers pic.twitter.com/miryUkWOoo— Nate LaPoint (@N_LaPoint) October 17, 2019
- Jonathan Taylor has been making the national rounds this week, hasn’t he?
We asked @BadgerFootball RB @JayT23 just how he got so good and who inspired him along the way:— Rich Eisen Show (@RichEisenShow) October 16, 2019
cc: @ArianFoster @Melvingordon25 pic.twitter.com/ylpM5ZVkMs
- Jacky Heisman is really making his case.
Adjusted completion % leaders through Week 7 (min. 100 attempts):— Cam Mellor (@PFF_Cam) October 17, 2019
Tyler Huntley, Utah: 89.2%
Joe Burrow, LSU: 85.2%
Kedon Slovis, USC: 83.2%
Jack Coan, Wisconsin: 82.2%
Dustin Crum, Kent State: 81.3%
- Looks like all the good home games for the men’s basketball team are close to being sold out.
We can't wait to be back at the Kohl Center together for hoops— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerMBB) October 17, 2019
Looks like we're not alone!
Secure your seats for the action!
- Better than losing to Iowa I suppose.
ℍ .— Wisconsin Soccer (@BadgerWSoccer) October 18, 2019
After double overtime, the final score is a tie, 2-2. pic.twitter.com/jm3hTTPpJS
- The weekly hype videos for the football team are always filled with hoary sentiments meant to tug at the heart strings and thin...you know what, I’m just going to skip to the nice things I have to say. These are wonderfully produced and I enjoy watching them.
Doesn’t matter who it is.— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) October 17, 2019
Doesn’t matter where it is.
The Badgers are coming
And we don’t plan on stopping anytime soon.
Chapter 7: Repeat#OnWisconsin || #Badgers pic.twitter.com/eVeed0rJMq
- Can the Illini upset the Badgers? It’s a long shot, but if they can...here’s how.
- Preseason B1G men’s hockey favorite beat Alaska Fairbanks 7-0 last night to remain undefeated on the young season.
- Profile of Purdue basketball’s Nojel Eastern, who should be the leader of the team this year.
- Michigan’s basketball team landed on a huge commitment on Thursday. 2020 5-star PF Isaiah Todd chose the Wolverines over Kansas and became the crown jewel of Juwan Howard’s first recruiting class. Here are the rest of the targets on Howard’s list.
- Ohio State junior wing Musa Jallow is out indefinitely with an ankle injury.
- A nice film review of Northwestern’s pass defense.
- This is not a repeat post. Another MSU player is entering the transfer portal.