Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- The B1G is good at defense. The Badgers are the best.
- Here is your 2019-2020 Wisconsin Badgers men’s basketball team. Looks like a team that’s going to make some noise in the B1G.
- The men’s hockey team almost scored TOO many goals over the weekend. I’m surprised they had any more pucks to complete the game on Saturday.
- The Badgers power play is so sensual. Just look at this puck movement.
What is even better is the fact that the men’s team doesn’t even have the best power play ON THEIR OWN CAMPUS!
One more note before I get on the plane: @BadgerMHockey is at 50% on the power play but doesn't have the best percentage on campus. @BadgerWHockey is at 52% through six games after going 4-for-4 in a 7-3 win at Ohio State yesterday.— Todd Milewski (@ToddMilewski) October 13, 2019
- When the best fullback in the NFL is at the game you best believe the team is going to dominate.
Former Badger Alec Ingold is in Camp Randall for the MSU game. Raiders have the bye, and then he’s with them in his home area of Green Bay next weekend. #MakeFullbacksGreatAgain pic.twitter.com/hBBcYmTDhK— Amy Gill (@amygillsports) October 12, 2019
- Kevin will have your full NFL recap later this week, but Dare Ogunbowale has now scored his first NFL TD!
- Everybody always wants Graham Mertz to come into the game but no one ever mentions Brad Davison or D’Mitrik Trice. SMH.
- I mean, is there a game where Dani Rhodes doesn’t score?
- Welcome to the greatest state in the union, Upper Peninsula!
It’s official, I belong to Wisconsin now. https://t.co/qqdEgyxhkY— Upper Peninsula of Wisconsin (@UpperPeninsula) October 13, 2019
- The Border Battle was good this weekend.
— Wisconsin Volleyball (@BadgerVB) October 13, 2019
Highlights vs. Minnesota pic.twitter.com/3vnhBwAgXq
- Iowa’s offense kind of, well, it kind of sucks. They are the reason the Hawkeyes lost to Penn State on Saturday.
- GameDay is going to Happy Valley on Saturday for the White Out game against Michigan. The Nittany Lions are favored by 7.5 points. I don’t think Michigan will cover.
- I’m really excited to see how Nebraska bounces back from the absolute beatdown they were administered in Minneapolis to win the B1G West, the B1G Conference Title and earn a CFP bid.
- Purdue flipped an OL/DL recruit from Toledo over the weekend.
- Mick McCall is the man to run Northwestern’s offense from now until the sun explodes.
- A recent decommit from Oklahoma decided to join up with Ohio State. Nobody that good, just a 4-star CB from Texas.
- At one point Michigan was up 28-0 on Illinois. Then the Illini scored 25 straight points. Does Michigan suck this year?
- How did Maryland beat Syracuse earlier this year?
- Illinois ruined Dick Butkus’ weekend.
- Rutgers had one (1) passing yard against Indiana.
- Gophers fans REALLY rubbing their Minnesota-ness in Nebraska fans’ faces.
- There were over 1,000 comments in The Only Colors game thread. This post is also fun to read.