Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- Jaylan Franklin out here trying to finesse some more playing time from his defensive coordinator.
#6 for sure https://t.co/HiEeEdJO7c— Jaylan (@JaylanFranklin_) October 10, 2019
- Dana Rettke has been spiking balls in people’s faces for so long I assumed she was in med school.
Not just your average point...— Wisconsin Volleyball (@BadgerVB) October 10, 2019
Congratulations to our All-American @dana_rettke, who just passed 1,000 career kills!
And she's only a junior? Sheeeesshhhh!!#Badgers pic.twitter.com/OM0aTOdvTT
- You want running back highlights? Here are some running back highlights.
#TBT@BadgerFootball really had Melvin Gordon and James White in the same backfield. @Melvingordon25 x @SweetFeet_White pic.twitter.com/Lr5L22ZIoT— Big Ten Network (@BigTenNetwork) October 10, 2019
And also this, even though it isn’t a highlight.
Whenever you watch Jonathan Taylor, you are watching a special football player. pic.twitter.com/rsSKLcVpxA— PFF College (@PFF_College) October 10, 2019
- Are they going to sell beer in this part of the stadium?
#Badgers set to move forward with the renovation of the south end zone at Camp Randall. pic.twitter.com/pJ1QsCNcMy— Zach Heilprin (@ZachHeilprin) October 10, 2019
- Joe Thomas will be honored, again, before the MSU game on Saturday.
2019 @cfbhall electee & @BadgerFootball legend @joethomas73 will be honored with an NFF @cfbhall On-Campus Salute, presented by @Fidelity, Saturday in Madison.— Football Foundation (@NFFNetwork) October 10, 2019
Wisconsin vs. @MSU_Football
️ Saturday, Oct. 12
⏰ 2:30 p.m. CT
- A pair of quick major college football award updates.
THIS GUY @zackbizzaun has been named to the @BednarikAward watch list! #OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/XPSuQlKnV0— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) October 10, 2019
AYYOOO! Our man is a QUARTERFINALIST!— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) October 10, 2019
Congratulations to @Chris_Guwap on this huge honor!#OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/I4h0iI8PXB
- The top line for the women’s hockey team is humming right along. Daryl Watts is a big reason why.
No Patty Kaz winner had ever transferred after winning the award. Daryl Watts is used to setting precedents. She talks about her future with @badgerwhockey in this week's DI women's column https://t.co/kjfB9f6Dn0— USCHO.com (@USCHO) October 10, 2019
- Former Kings player is now getting a current Kings player ready for the big time.
As the @BadgerMHockey season starts tomorrow, Tony Granato looks to help @Turcotte__71 prepare to join the Kings.— LA Kings (@LAKings) October 10, 2019
By: @mikecommito https://t.co/nI86XoQJhM
- You may have heard that Badgers forward Micah Potter will have to sit out until the end of the first semester this year because the NCAA is competent. Here are some reactions.
Ohio State transfer Micah Potter denied waiver by NCAA to play first semester at Wisconsin. Baffling. Kid is a really good student who didn’t play at all last season. Stayed at Ohio State until semester ended to remain on graduation track, and then left for Madison in December.— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanHoops) October 10, 2019
What a surprise the NCAA ruling against a Wisconsin player.....all too familiar and an absolute joke— Duje Dukan (@dujedukan) October 10, 2019
So much for the “student” part. Potter sits out, and just went to school. How crazy of him. So, make him sit even longer. More “athlete welfare.” https://t.co/PsgcfA1GZj— Jay Bilas (@JayBilas) October 10, 2019
Outrageous! @NCAA https://t.co/Yh8AtXC1Kb— D'Mitrik Trice (@DMitrikTrice0) October 10, 2019
- I will pay real American money for one of these t-shirts. Let it be known.
Hope @UWMadison students get to Camp Randall early Saturday. The #Badgers t-shirt cannon will be loaded with these awesome @UnderArmour shirts at the @BadgerFootball game. #OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/lf4WE1Da5j— Kevin Kluender (@KevinKluender) October 11, 2019
- Do you go to Purdue? Do you want to bet on them to lose or maybe even win? Go right ahead...IF YOU WANT TO SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE UPSTATE!
- How dare they disparage Collin Larsh by not calling him a standout. HOW DARE YOU, THE ONLY COLORS!
- Brian Ferentz vs. The Man In The Mirror.
- The Badgers are included in a crucial four game stretch that could define the entire season for the Rutgers basketball team.
- “Feel small and insignificant yet? In a few billion years, the sun will expand and swallow the Earth, destroying Ryan Field and all the joyous, painful, and frustrating memories all of us have experienced there along with it.” Go Cats.
- Can Illinois upset Michigan? Here are three things they have to do to have a chance.