Recruiting is the lifeblood of any major college athletics team, but following it closely as a fan can sometimes be difficult and can often be time consuming. We’ll try and condense all the recruiting news you can use into this bi-weekly post. It’ll include updates on current commits, including stats from their high school games, as well as news on players the Badgers are still pursuing. Let’s get down to business!
Current Football Commits
- As is tradition with these posts it is time to check in on 3-star 2020 Waukesha North WR Chimere Dike and see what sort of bonkers stat line he put up last weekend. Oh my.
Dike had 14 catches for 201 yards and two touchdowns in North’s dismembering of Wauwatosa West. LMAO, he also had nine tackles, a forced fumble and a pick on defense. JUST LOOK AT WHAT HE DOES TO THIS POOR KID!
Seen some good wide receivers live -- Daurice Fountain, Kendric Pryor, Jester Weah, A.J. Taylor, Jazz Peavy, etc. Chimere Dike might be the best route runner I've seen live. With his speed, he can get a 10-yard out or comeback whenever he wants. #Badgers— Evan Flood (@Evan_Flood) October 5, 2019
- 2020 4-star LB Nick Herbig of Honolulu (St. Louis School), Hawaii had another good game as well. St. Louis’ defense was swarming all game in their win over Farrington.
Here’s an excerpt from Hawaii Prep World’s game recap: “Aside from Farrington’s lone scoring drive, the Crusader defense did its part with 11 tackles for losses. Linebacker Nick Herbig was in on four of Saint Louis’ six sacks.”
That was St. Louis School’s 34th consecutive win, btw.
- 3-star CB Max Lofy of Colorado Springs (Pine Creek), Colo. had an INSANE interception in his game last week.
Uhh.. wait a second. Did @Mclofy just leap OVER a receiver to pull down this pick?— Lindsey Smith (@LindseySquints) October 5, 2019
I think he did. And he’s carried off the field. @pinecreek_fb ball around midfield. #copreps pic.twitter.com/Qg8N9QVZv3
Pine Creek moved to 4-1 on the season with their win, 49-28, over Palmer Ridge.
- Going into last weekend’s game, 3-star LB Malik Reed’s (Chandler, Ariz.) defense had only allowed one touchdown in their last four games when the starters were in. They gave up a few more points than that in Chandler’s 84-49 win over Perry last week but Reed was all over the field racking up at least five tackles that I could count.
- 3-star WR Isaac Smith out of Collierville, (St. George’s School) Tenn. ran for a badass 65-yard touchdown on a jet sweep.
- The 2021 class also got in on the action last weekend. 3-star RB Loyal Crawford (Eau Claire) got back on the field and helped Memorial shutout North by rushing six times for 114 yards and two scores.
#Badgers 2021 running back commit Loyal Crawford (@loyal_crawford) had a 60-yard touchdown run on Friday. Carried the ball six times for 114 yards and two scores in his return from injury. pic.twitter.com/iZ2vw7V7Cy— Evan Flood (@Evan_Flood) October 8, 2019
- Crawford’s future backfield mate, 3-star RB Jackson Acker (Verona), also ran the ball well last Friday. Verona stomped La Follette 54-13 and Acker ran for 169 yards on seven carries and scored twice. That’s a robust average of 24.1 yards per carry, for those scoring at home.
Also of note, Verona’s Haakon Anderson, who visited the Badgers recently, ran for 107 yards and two touchdowns ON TWO CARRIES.
- Lastly...everyone needs to know how to block at Wisconsin. Everyone.