Good morning! This is going to be a daily(ish) post that discusses the goings on of the rest of the Big Ten Conference, and the country as needed. Much like the European Union, the Big Ten is a loosely confederated group of entities that sometimes have the same goals (like free movement of people between countries or not winning national titles in football or basketball) and sometimes accept new members that they later regret (Estonia or Rutgers).
We hope that you will use this post to comment on things happening around the conference and also as a sort of daily open thread to discuss breaking news or argue about Spotted Cow.
- The women’s hockey team is off to a 2-0-0 start and is also celebrating its 20th anniversary!
Twenty years ago, @BadgerWHockey made its debut. It's hard to imagine a more successful operation. The fifth NCAA title banner will be hung this week at LaBahn Arena. Top-ranked Wisconsin has made 12 Frozen Four appearances since 2006 and compiled a .778 winning percentage. pic.twitter.com/U3Ulgjxp9L— BadgersHistory (@BadgersHistory) September 30, 2019
Winning 77.8% of your games seems pretty good to me.
- There is a lot of talk about the new law in California that will allow college athletes to make money off of their likeness. I won’t get into any of that here, but Barry Alvarez had some thoughts.
#Badgers AD B.Alvarez said today on WTMJ radio that, in light of California law allowing athletes to profit from name/image/likeness starting in '23, he won't schedule games with CAL teams. UCLA official says FB games vs. UW in 2029, '30 still good to go.— Jeff Potrykus (@jaypo1961) September 30, 2019
- I’ve never seen Stranger Things. Is this cool or nah?
we're still in madison pic.twitter.com/WQOCH7siPX— Wisconsin Football (@BadgerFootball) September 30, 2019
- The women’s hoops team has also started practicing and hopefully they can use some of their momentum from the recruiting trail and use it on the court.
Happy to be back where we belong. #OnWisconsin pic.twitter.com/cniIMOn0fB— Wisconsin Basketball (@BadgerWBB) October 1, 2019
- We already discussed the fact that two Badgers made the first team all-B1G hockey team on Monday, but failed to mention that freshman Cole Caufield was honorable mention.
Freshman forward @colecaufield is Preseason All-Big Ten honorable mention. pic.twitter.com/ihsryoTcbu— Wisconsin Hockey (@BadgerMHockey) September 30, 2019
- Video highlights from the volleyball team’s undefeated weekend at the Field House.
A little late-night snack for those dedicated volleyball fans pic.twitter.com/XWuWiF1Cmd— Wisconsin Volleyball (@BadgerVB) October 1, 2019
- It sounds like Purdue’s WR Rondale Moore’s injury may NOT be as serious as it first appeared. QB Elijah Sindelar is out indefinitely with a broken collarbone.
- Iowa and Penn State is going to be a nice game. That shit is going to be wild, guaranteed.
- Penn State is predicted to be the B1G hockey champ.
- A whole lotta Fs in Corn Nation’s report card for the Huskers.
- On The Banks is excited that Rutgers finally acted like a B1G team and fired their coach midseason. Now what, though?
- Why is Jim Harbaugh limiting Zach Crabonnet’s carries?
- Are analytics for losers? Inside NU investigates.