Happy Tuesday, Badger fans. We made it through Monday.
Obviously, the Quintez Cephus story is the largest topic in Wisconsin sports right now. You can read our coverage on that case here. To summarize, he is facing two charges—felony third-degree sexual assault and felony second-degree sexual assault of an intoxicated victim—stemming from an April 22 incident and is due in court Thursday morning.
We’ll keep posting updates as we hear more.
Wisconsin men’s basketball schedule coming today
Great news. CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein also reports that Wisconsin will host Rutgers “as part of the Big Ten’s early conference games in December,” so that’s an early spoiler.
Here’s what we already know about the Badgers’ schedule:
- Nov. 13: Gavitt Games vs. Xavier (Time TBA; Cincinnati, Ohio)
- Nov. 21–23: Battle 4 Atlantis field includes Butler, Dayton, Florida, MTSU, Oklahoma, Stanford, Virginia, Wisconsin (Times TBA; Paradise Island, Bahamas)
- Nov. 27: Big Ten/ACC Challenge vs. NC State (Time TBA; Kohl Center; Madison, Wis.)
- Dec. 8: at Marquette (Time TBA; Milwaukee, Wis.)
- March 13–17: Big Ten Tournament (Times TBA; Chicago)
Rob Havenstein gets paid
Good news for the former Badger and current LA Rams right tackle. Terms of his deal weren’t officially disclosed, but the Los Angeles Times reports “the deal is worth about $32.5 million.” He’s started all 43 games he’s appeared in since he was a second-round pick in the 2015 NFL Draft.
Congrats, Rob. We’re sure you and Todd Gurley are quite happy.
Update: More details from NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport:
Final numbers on the #Rams extension for RT Rob Havenstein: 4 years, $32.5M. He gets roughly $16M guaranteed, the second-highest paid right tackle deal in the NFL.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 21, 2018
- Wisconsin ranked No. 4 in preseason AP Top 25 | B5Q
- Badgers moving on without Quintez Cephus, as they did for the final five games in ‘17 | Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Jeff Potrykus
- Badgers cornerback Dontye Carriere-Williams working to regain 1st-team spot | Wisconsin State Journal, Jason Galloway
- Projecting the Badgers’ depth chart as season opener approaches | Wisconsin State Journal, Jason Galloway
- ($) Where things stand: 10 key takeaways from fall camp at Wisconsin | The Athletic, Jesse Temple