Another preseason weekend of football is in the books, and there are two reasons to celebrate.
First, we are all one week closer to meaningful football at the NCAA and NFL levels.
Second, we saw a better weekend of production from our NFL Badgers. Take a look at the performances of the first and second-year Badgers below, as well as some highlights from the veterans.
- Leon Jacobs (Jaguars): Just like the first preseason game, Jacobs made a pair of solo tackles in a 14–10 win over the Vikings.
- Nick Nelson (Raiders): Nelson recorded a pair of tackles in a 19–15 loss to the Rams.
- Jack Cichy (Buccaneers): Cichy notched a pair of tackles in a 30–14 win over the Titans.
- Conor Sheehy (Packers): Sheehy had a tackle in a 51–34 win over the Steelers.
- Natrell Jamerson (Saints): Recorded three tackles in a 20–15 loss to the Cardinals.
- Alec James (Cardinals): Created one sack in a 20–15 victory over the Saints.
- Troy Fumagalli (Broncos): Fumagalli is still dealing with a sports hernia. He was held out of the Broncos’ 24–23 loss to the Bears.
- Garret Dooley (Vikings): One assisted tackle in a 14–10 loss to the Jaguars.
- Sojourn Shelton (Bengals): He’s out for a few months with a torn thumb ligament and a broken hand. He was held out Cincinnati's 21–13 win over the Cowboys.
- Vince Biegel (Packers): Had a tackle in a 51–34 win over the Steelers.
- Ryan Ramczyk (Saints): Seems to be a major part of the Saints’ optimism for the coming season, as they are quite bullish on their offensive line according to this ESPN article.
- Corey Clement (Eagles): Clement was held out of the Eagles’ 37–20 loss to the Patriots due to an undisclosed injury.
- T.J. Watt (Steelers): Out vs. the Packers with a hamstring injury.
- Dare Ogunbowale (Buccaneers): Ogunbowale struggled last week, but had a better second preseason game. He again struggled on the ground (five rushes for four yards), but he had a pair of catches including this 38-yard haul:
The Badgers have quite a few veterans around the league. Here are some of their best performances in the second preseason game.
- Melvin Gordon (Chargers): Gordon took 10 carries for 35 yards, including this touchdown in a 24–14 win over the Seahawks:
Melvin Gordon goes in from 2 yards out. Chargers lead Seahawks 7-3. pic.twitter.com/bGigxRfNxB— Football Dungeon (@DuaneLively) August 19, 2018
He also caught a pair for 18 yards.
- Dezmen Southward (Panthers): Made four tackles in a 27–20 win over the Dolphins.
- James White (Patriots): White had a great day in a 37–20 victory over the Eagles. He made the most of his four carries, using them to earn 31 yards. He also continues to be a receiving threat, catching six passes for 61 yards and a touchdown.
JAMES WHITE IN MID SEASON FORM pic.twitter.com/hko9RF7x3w— Bostons Diehards (@WTP_BDiehards) August 17, 2018
- Russell Wilson (Seahawks): Wilson got more play in his second preseason game. He went 13-of-21 for 193 yards, no touchdowns, and no interceptions. Included in his stat line is this 52-yard bomb:
- Lance Kendricks (Packers): Kendricks caught a pair of passes for 28 yards in the Packers’ 51–30 win over the Steelers.