Morning, Badger fans.
With our beloved sport just two weeks away from returning, it’s time to get some Badger Bits going again. Each morning (unless I, uhh, sleep in) come here for a roundup of Wisconsin news, cool things we saw on Twitter/Instagram, and some prompts for discussion for the day.
Let’s get into Wednesday’s collection...
What is #AreaRED?
Wisconsin tweeted the exceptionally cryptic video above on Tuesday, teasing what looks like some upcoming changes to the Camp Randall student section (cue the “just get them in on time” talk!).
What could it be? Presumably, it’d be more than just painting the student section red. A souped up fan experience seems likely, though that’s pretty vague, of course. Regardless, as long as it amps up the atmosphere, we’re for it.
More hype around the Badgers
Most media outlets have Wisconsin as a preseason top-10 squad, and rightfully so (so says the Badgers fan/writer)
A few more rosy outlooks hit the web this week. The Athletic’s Bruce Feldman ($) has Wisconsin defeating Ohio State in the Big Ten Championship Game, as does his colleague Stewart Mandel. ESPN’s Adam Rittenberg also published a nice, long story on the Badgers’ College Football Playoff hopes on Monday. One part to drive conversation:
A Big Ten offensive coordinator who watched the [Big Ten title] game said Ohio State “should have had 50 points on [Wisconsin]. In that game, their lack of athletic ability got exposed.”
But, to Leonhard’s point, Wisconsin didn’t play its best game against the Buckeyes -- far from it -- and still had an opportunity to punch its playoff ticket. “It just shows we’re not very far from where we want to be,” Leonhard said. “We were right there.
”We just have to finish,” added Dixon. “It’s nothing to talk about. It’s not five stars. We’ve beaten teams with tons of talent. I don’t think that’s an issue. We’ve got talent, too. We really do.”
1 cool thing
Yeah, I’d definitely take one of these jerseys. Hook us up, Sam!
A look inside camp
UW’s stellar video team is at it again with the “The Camp” miniseries on YouTube, and they’ve also been chopping up some extras as well. This one went live this week, and if nothing else, is a cool, quick look into camp action:
You can find all of these videos on Wisconsin’s YouTube page.
- ICYMI, here’s Jake’s practice report from Tuesday
- Jason Galloway, Wisconsin State Journal: Badgers redshirt freshman Deron Harrell standing out after switch to cornerback
- Jeff Potrykus, Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: UW’s Jon Dietzen enjoying the move to tackle now that he can move without pain
- ESPN: Zach Smith’s lawyer: Client answered investigators’ question
- Heather Dinich, ESPN: Maryland accepts responsibility in death of Jordan McNair, parts with Rick Court
- Steven Godfrey, SB Nation: The big problem with Will Muschamp’s Maryland comments (and a little problem, too)