National Signing Day for the class of 2018 has come and gone, so we are here to analyze what the Wisconsin Badgers accomplished in this recruiting cycle and what’s to come. BadgerBlitz.com’s Jon McNamara joins the podcast to give us his thoughts on Paul Chryst’s latest class.
Plus, four-star tight end Hayden Rucci, chats with B5Q about his recruiting process, what led him to Wisconsin, and more.
We cap off the show with Philadelphia Eagles superfan Drew Hamm, who made it on the podcast even with the Super Bowl celebration wrapping up in Philly to give us the latest podcast edition of “The B1G Roast.”
And yes, enjoy the silky saxophone intro of “On, Wisconsin” (big thanks to my father-in-law, Brad Johnson, for his rendition).
00:15–18:00: Jon McNamara helps us break down the following from National Signing Day 2018:
- Wisconsin locking down South Florida cornerback Rachad Wildgoose
- Which 2018 commit could make waves early
- Which positions the Badgers addressed well, and where he felt they could have supplemented better
- The 2019 class and how special it could be
- Where Wisconsin basketball goes from here after two 2018 targets committed elsewhere
18:25–30:45: Newest 2019 Wisconsin commit Hayden Rucci joins B5Q for a chat about the following:
- How his parents, former Penn State standouts helped him through the recruiting process (and also his commitment video)
- How he publicly announced his verbal commitment on Monday but waited to do so to let other programs know first
- His playing style and where Wisconsin sees him in its offense
- His visits to Wisconsin and what stood out to him
- The connection to the other 2019 commits