Once again, another STACKED show in our fifth installment of Bucky’s 5th Podcast.
Be prepared to laugh, cry, and reminisce about former Wisconsin Badgers standout and consensus National Player of the Year Frank Kaminsky and his time in Madison. This with a former B5Q writer who covered the team during Wisconsin’s second Final Four berth and national runner-up season.
Plus, we begin breakdowns of spring football with our 2018 position previews (football szn never ends) and a good in-depth talk about the Badgers’ women’s hockey team that’s currently No. 1 in the nation. Oh yes, we cannot forget our weekly “B1G Roast” with Drew Hamm.
Full breakdown below:
- 00:10–15:00: It will be Frank Kaminsky Night at the Kohl Center on Thursday evening when the Wisconsin Badgers face the Purdue Boilermakers. We welcome back former B5Q writer Luke Mueller, who covered Wisconsin’s 2014–15 team that came within striking distance of the NCAA championship, to reminisce about Kaminsky and what stood out about the big man.
- 15:15–25:00: In the first of our 2018 spring football position previews, I look at the Wisconsin Badgers cornerbacks in our “Four-Down Territory” segment:
First down: Who’s gone?
Second down: Big name to watch
Third down: Who to watch?
Fourth down: Sleeper pick out of the position?
- 25:00-34:22: B5Q’s Bob Wiedenhoeft jumps on to break down the No. 1 women’s hockey squad, what lies ahead, and who has helped make the team so successful within the WCHA.
- 34:35–47:00: “The B1G Roast” returns, as Drew Hamm gives his weekly sermon on the best and worst of the Big Ten, featuring Wisconsin, Rutgers, Michigan State, and Illinois.
- 47:05–56:45: We close out the show discussing what the quarterbacks could look like during the spring in our “Four-Down Territory” segment once again, and how Alex Hornibrook and co. could progress heading into 2018.