With the 2019 early signing period beginning Wednesday, lots of hype surrounds this current class of Wisconsin Badgers commits.
That is caused by where this group of players collectively ranks among lists from three recruiting services: 247Sports (composite), Rivals, and ESPN.
Now, these rankings will likely fluctuate over the next few days and weeks before the official National Signing Day on Feb. 6, especially with undecided recruits still waiting to decide or publicly declare their intentions. For now, here is where Wisconsin places among the three recruiting services.
- No. 26 in the nation (highest ever)
- No. 6 in the Big Ten
- One five-star commit (offensive lineman Logan Brown)
- Two four-star commits (quarterback Graham Mertz and offensive lineman Joe Tippmann)
- 16 three-star commits
- Average rating: .8741
- No. 24 in the nation (highest ever for the recruiting cycle)
- No. 5 in Big Ten (behind Michigan, Penn State. Ohio State, and Nebraska)
- Six four-star commits (Brown, Mertz, tight end Hayden Rucci, cornerback Semar Melvin, outside linebacker Spencer Lytle, and defensive lineman Rodas Johnson)
- 13 three-star commits
- Average star rating: 3.26 (22nd in the nation)
- No. 28 in the nation
- No. 7 in Big Ten
- Four four-star commits (Brown, Mertz, Johnson, and inside linebacker Maema Njongmeta)
- 15 three-star commits
- Two ESPN300 commits (Brown at No. 28, Mertz at No. 43)