The Wisconsin Badgers received good news on the recruiting trail on Saturday afternoon, as 2019 wide receiver Cameron Phillips publicly announced his verbal commitment to UW.
247Sports, ESPN, and Rivals all rate Phillips, who played for IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., as a three-star recruit. 247Sports’ composite rankings designate Phillips as the No. 75 wide receiver in the nation with seven offers from programs including Kentucky, Minnesota, and Cincinnati.
Both 247Sports and Rivals list Phillips as a wide receiver. ESPN lists him as an athlete.
Wisconsin still have 17 known verbal commitments scholarship for the class of 2019. Phillips joins Stephan Bracey as the two projected wide receivers in this recruiting cycle.
Phillips was definitely a high-priority target real early in this 2019 cycle. His name fell off our radar a bit this year but resurfaced in a big way. Definitely a surprise commitment.— Jon McNamara (@McNamaraRivals) December 1, 2018
Wisconsin’s 2019 recruiting class (scholarship)
- Quarterback Graham Mertz
- Running back Julius Davis
- Wide receivers Stephan Bracey
- Tight ends Hayden Rucci, Clay Cundiff
- Offensive linemen Logan Brown, Joe Tippmann
- Defensive linemen Keeanu Benton, Rodas Johnson, Gio Paez
- Linebackers Skyler Meyers, Maema Njongmeta, Spencer Lytle
- Cornerbacks Semar Melvin, Dean Engram, James Williams
- Athlete Leo Chenal