A big day for Wisconsin Badgers recruiting just got bigger, as standout lineman Rodas Johnson announced on Tuesday night that he committed to UW.
Though 247Sports lists Johnson as a defensive tackle, Rivals and ESPN list him as an offensive guard. BadgerBlitz.com’s Jon McNamara called the Columbus, Ohio (St. Francis De Sales) standout a defensive tackle.
According to 247Sports, Johnson held 27 offers from some elite programs, including Wisconsin, Penn State, Texas, Duke, Kentucky, Michigan, Michigan State, and Notre Dame, among others.
Johnson is the second verbal commit of the day for Wisconsin, as 2019 wide receiver Stephan Bracey flipped from Western Michigan to the Badgers. Including Bracey, linebackers Maema Njongmeta and Skyler Meyers, and walk-on Jackson Kollath, UW has racked up five commitments in four days.
There are now 17 known verbal commitments for this recruiting cycle (scholarship):
- Athlete Leo Chenal
- Quarterback Graham Mertz
- Offensive linemen Logan Brown and Joe Tippmann
- Running back Julius Davis
- Tight ends Hayden Rucci and Clay Cundiff
- Cornerbacks Semar Melvin, Dean Engram, and James Williams
- Defensive linemen Keeanu Benton and Gio Paez
- Linebackers Skyler Meyers, Maema Njongmeta and Spencer Lytle
- Wide receiver Stephan Bracey