Once a Western Michigan commit, 2019 wide receiver Stephan Bracey announced on Tuesday that he flipped to Wisconsin.
Bracey initially committed to the Broncos in early October, but both 247Sports ($) and Rivals ($) reported he received an offer from UW after that. Now, he appears ready to play in cardinal and white at the next level with current prep teammate and five-star offensive lineman Logan Brown.
Bracey’s senior Hudl highlights show a receiver with a lot of potential. He displays the ability to make players miss and put defenders on skates out in the open field. He also shows the speed and burst to take a small catch or screen into a huge gain thanks to some yards-after-catch action.
Bracey is the 16th known verbal commitment for the class of 2019 (in terms of scholarships) and the fourth pledge in four days for Wisconsin. Skyler Meyers, Maema Njongmeta, and walk-on Jackson Kollath all announced their decisions since Saturday. Bracey joins the following potential future Badgers in this recruiting cycle:
- Athlete Leo Chenal
- Quarterback Graham Mertz
- Offensive linemen Logan Brown and Joe Tippmann
- Running back Julius Davis
- Tight ends Hayden Rucci and Clay Cundiff
- Cornerbacks Semar Melvin, Dean Engram, and James Williams
- Defensive linemen Keeanu Benton and Gio Paez
- Linebackers Skyler Meyers, Maema Njongmeta and Spencer Lytle