Head coach Paul Chryst said during Monday’s press conference that Hornibrook is still in concussion protocol. If he cannot go, expect second-year quarterback Jack Coan to again start this week.
When asked why Hornibrook was not on the Thursday injury report last week, Chryst simply responded, “Yeah, I just didn’t want to.”
With Hornibrook inactive against Northwestern last Saturday, Coan went 20-of-31 for 158 yards and one touchdown as the Badgers fell to the Wildcats 31–17.
Senior nose tackle Olive Sagapolu (right arm) and redshirt sophomore left tackle Cole Van Lanen (left leg) are out for Saturday’s game at Camp Randall Stadium (11 a.m. CT, BTN).
Both Sagapolu and Van Lanen were injured against Northwestern, thinning the depth on both the offensive and defensive lines. True freshman Bryson Williams replaced Sagapolu as the first-team nose tackle in Monday’s depth chart. Redshirt freshman Logan Bruss is now the No. 2 left tackle behind Jon Dietzen as well as the No. 2 right tackle.
UW listed six Badgers as questionable, including Hornibrook (head), safeties D’Cota Dixon and Scott Nelson (both right leg), and defensive end Isaiahh Loudermilk (left leg).
QB Alex Hornibrook among those listed as questionable this week. Sagapolu and Van Lanen out. pic.twitter.com/RwpxpbQy5K— Jesse Temple (@jessetemple) October 29, 2018
Here’s the full injury report:
- CB Travian Blaylock (right leg)
- S D’Cota Dixon (right leg)
- CB Deron Harrell (right leg)
- QB Alex Hornibrook (head)
- DE Isaiahh Loudermilk (left leg)
- S Scott Nelson (right leg)
Out for Rutgers
- NT Olive Sagapolu (right arm)
- OL Cole Van Lanen (left leg)
Out for Season
- TE Zander Neuville (left leg)
- OLB Mason Platter (right leg)
- DE Garrett Rand (right leg)
- OL Blake Smithback (right leg)