Wisconsin (9–10, 2–4 Big Ten) has dropped three conference games in a row since its home win vs. Indiana on Jan. 2. Twenty turnovers—including 15 in the first half—contributed to Tuesday night’s 78–50 loss at Purdue in a lopsided affair.
Brad Underwood’s first year in Champaign has not gone well in terms of conference games for Illinois (10–9, 0–6). The Illini have lost their last four since Big Ten play resumed, including a one-point loss at Nebraska on Jan. 15. True freshman guard Trent Frazier has averaged 16.8 points per game in the last nine games while hitting 44.9 percent of his three-point attempts (22 of 49).
It should bear watching if Wisconsin sophomore guard D’Mitrik Trice returns to the court on Friday night, as he participated during the possessions portion of Wednesday’s practice (though UW noted he still was not cleared for the game as of Wednesday afternoon).
Wisconsin rides an 11-game winning streak against Illinois heading into tonight’s match-up in Madison, which will also coincide with the 20th anniversary of the Kohl Center opening. The arena held its first game on Jan. 17, 1998, a contest Wisconsin won 56–33 over Northwestern.
The Illini lead the all-time series 110–86.
When and where is the game?
Wisconsin and Illinois will tip off at 8 p.m. CT at the Kohl Center in Madison on Friday night
How can I watch?
The game will be broadcast on FS1, with Jeff Levering and Stephen Bardo on the call.
How can I stream the game online?
How can I listen to it on the radio?
On the Badgers Sports Network, where you’ll find the usual team of Matt Lepay and Mike Lucas. Head to BadgerSportsNetwork.com to find it. You can also listen on iHeartRadio (iOS/Android/online) by searching “WIBA.”
Probable starters for Wisconsin
- Guard Brevin Pritzl: Redshirt sophomore; 8.7 points, 3.7 rebounds, 1.2 assists per game
- Forward Nate Reuvers: Freshman; 5.9 points, 2.7 rebounds, 0.5 assists per game
- Forward Khalil Iverson: Junior; 8.2 points, 4.5 rebounds, 1.6 assists per game
- Forward Ethan Happ: Redshirt junior; 16.7 points, 8.4 rebounds, 3.6 assists per game
- Guard Brad Davison: Freshman; 11.7 points, 2.1 rebounds, 2.3 assists per game
Probable Illinois starters (from Jan. 15 loss at Nebraska)
- Guard Trent Frazier: Freshman, 11 points, 1.8 rebounds, 2.6 assists per game
- Guard Da’Monte Williams: Freshman, 4.5 points, 3.4 rebounds, 1.2 assists per game
- Guard Mark Alstork: Graduate transfer; 6.1 points, 4.1 rebounds, 2.4 assists per game
- Forward Leron Black: Redshirt junior; 14.4 points, 5.7 rebounds, 1.1 assists per game
- Forward Michael Finke: Redshirt junior; 10.6 points, 5.6 rebounds, 1.2 assists per game