That’s five days, y’all, until college football in Madison. Five. Days.
B5Q again will be covering all the home games this season, giving you our best coverage, analysis, and dad jokes live starting on Sept. 1.
I’ll also be down at Camp Randall on Sunday afternoon for Paul Chryst’s press conference, which will be followed by media availability for four players: tight end Troy Fumagalli, quarterback Alex Hornibrook, inside linebacker T.J. Edwards, and safety D’Cota Dixon.
Stay tuned for highlights from the press conference, along with videos of the players.
Until then, three things. First, we send our thoughts to those caught in Texas with the remnants of Hurricane Harvey. Please be safe and use your best judgment.
For Badgers fans in the Milwaukee metropolitan area, there’s still time to check out the Badger Fan Fest at Hart Park in Wauwatosa on Tuesday night. It starts at 5:30 p.m., and The Big 1070/The Big 920’s Mike Heller will be hosting the event. I’ll be there as well, along with my Walk-On This Way co-author, Joel Nellis, selling and signing books.
Lastly, we’ll be busting out our roundtable series with several topics of interest starting Monday.
For now, check out the links from the explosion of season preview articles this weekend:
- Badgers football: Quintez Cephus driven by father's real-life lessons — Wisconsin State Journal, Jason Galloway
- Tom Oates: Badgers once again ignore outside opinion on strength of schedule — Wisconsin State Journal
- Badgers football: David Edwards grows into key role on Wisconsin's offensive line — Wisconsin State Journal, Jim Polzin
- Red Zone podcast: Previewing the Badgers' 2017 season — Wisconsin State Journal, Jason Galloway
- Van Ginkel hopes to bolster UW’s pass rush — Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Jeff Potrykus
- UW defensive coordinator Jim Leonhard emrbaces rapid rise — Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Jeff Potrykus
- Badgers 2017: Troy Fumagalli hopes to beat UW foes on consistent basis — Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Jeff Potrykus
- Badgers 2017: David Edwards takes strange journey from quarterback to tight end to offensive tackle — Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Jeff Potrykus
- Badgers hope to make Big Ten Title run in 2017 — Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Jeff Potrykus
- Wisconsin DE Isaiahh Loudermilk’s large presence, superb athleticism tough to ignore — Land of 10, Jesse Temple
- Swag is Contagious Among Wisconsin DBs -- BadgerNation.com, Benjamin Worgull