We are mere weeks away from college football starting up. The Wisconsin Badgers open fall camp in a couple of weeks, and Big Ten media days begin on July 24.
Many outlets have started position previews—including us, of course—most indispensable player lists, watch lists, and more. At Pro Football Focus, they have tweeted various site-specific stats for returning FBS student-athletes. Not surprisingly, several Wisconsin standouts have been mentioned. Among them are seniors Jack Cichy, Troy Fumagalli, and Derrick Tindal, along with redshirt junior inside linebacker Ryan Connelly. All are slated to contribute significantly to Wisconsin in 2017.
Louisville LB Stacy Thomas returns to the Cardinals as the nation's highest graded linebacker from a season ago. pic.twitter.com/NXXmISsZyr— PFF College Football (@PFF_College) July 9, 2017
The highest graded returning TE across the country - Mass' Adam Breneman. pic.twitter.com/586D0rmmNp— PFF College Football (@PFF_College) July 9, 2017
Just 48 days until the start of college football season! pic.twitter.com/ZLBbJWVGnb— PFF College Football (@PFF_College) July 9, 2017
Wisconsin's Derrick Tindal broke up 12 passes in 2016 - tops among returning Big 10 corners. pic.twitter.com/O17Eprf5B4— PFF College Football (@PFF_College) July 5, 2017
No returning inside linebacker was better at stopping the run than Wisconsin's Ryan Connelly was in 2016. pic.twitter.com/XJiYXcdDJp— PFF College Football (@PFF_College) June 30, 2017
Bronson Koenig in Milwaukee Bucks summer league play
In Sunday’s 88-83 win over the Brooklyn Nets, Koenig scored three points on 1-of-3 shooting (1-of-2 from three-point range) in 10 minutes. He also committed two turnovers in the win.
It appears a former teammate and new Los Angeles resident caught up with his old friend this weekend:
- Welcome back to the Wisconsin beat, Jesse Temple. Formerly of ESPN and Fox Sports Wisconsin, Temple recently joined Land of 10 and wrote about how the Badgers could run the table this season and compete for a national title.
- Cichy and defensive lineman Conor Sheehy were named to the Bednarik Award watch list.
- UWBadgers.com’s Camp Randall 100 series rolls on with features on former head coach Bret Bielema, hockey player Brendan Smith, quarterback Mike Kalasmiki, and walk-on Michael Brin.
- If you subscribe to BadgerBlitz.com, there’s intriguing info in Wisconsin Whispers ($).
- Scout.com’s Bill Greene spoke with 2018 Wisconsin commit Isaiah Mullens. Check out the video here.