What do you like about B5Q? What could be better? What new stuff do you want to see?
As the manager of this site, these are questions that are always on my mind. So why not ask them here? Honestly, I wish we posted check-ins like this more often.
We’re interested in hearing all of your thoughts, but especially the ones that relate to our written content. Do you like seeing frequent quick-hit news updates, or are you more into deep dives on the things Badgers fans are always thinking about? Would you like more recruiting coverage? What about lifestyle/non-sports stuff? I personally remain a huge fan of Drew’s beer/bar/restaurant reviews.
We’ll do our best to incorporate all of your feedback, but please remember we’re all essentially hobbyists. We’re extremely passionate about Wisconsin, our Badgers, and, of course, this site. But there are time and family constraints, yadda yadda yadda.
A sample recommendation: The return of Badger Bits! I can’t promise we’ll get these up every morning, but I’m going to do my best to give you something new to check out on this site each day, if not each morning. Presumably, Badger Bits not only gives you a destination for links to read, but a destination to discuss whatever you’d like in the comments.
Lastly, we’re on the lookout for new contributors. If you have some writing chops and solid Badgers knowledge, shoot us a note at buckys5thquarter @ gmail. If you can include a writing sample and link to your Twitter account (if you have one), that’s even better.
Friday’s Badger Bits
Since we’re playing catch-up here a little, some of these might be a few days old.
- Bronson Koenig has a camp!
- Jake did a Q&A with California Golden Blogs about Justin Wilcox, our old defensive coordinator and Cal’s new head coach.
- Jake also is spearheading Live Q&As on our Facebook page (about one to two per week). Here’s Thursday night’s edition, talking about Wisconsin’s defense and more:
LIVE Q&A! Join us and ask away about your Wisconsin Badgers defense, our new site design and your favorite cook out foods!Posted by Bucky's 5th Quarter on Thursday, May 25, 2017
- BTN.com’s Ton Dienhart broke down Wisconsin’s 2017 schedule. Heads up: the Friday night opener is set for an 8 p.m. kickoff.
- Friendly reminder: the Badgers’ YouTube channel is awesome. Some recent work you should definitely check out: