Just when you thought we were done talking about the 2018 early signing period, we give ya one more morsel of recruiting goodness before the holiday.
The Wisconsin Badgers welcomed 26 players (19 scholarship, seven walk-ons) to their class of 2018, which was officially announced on Wednesday. This is our podcast show of all things Wisconsin recruiting.
247Sports’ Benjamin Worgull joined the podcast to help B5Q break down this entire class that signed earlier this week and who to watch for.
Cornerback Travian Blaylock jumped on the show starting around the 15:30 mark to discuss his journey to signing with the Badgers.
Here’s the full agenda:
- 2:20: Overall impressions of Wisconsin’s class
- 4:15: Head coach Paul Chryst and his coaching staff’s mentality on recruiting
- 6:45: The in-state scholarship signees
- 11:10: What the impact of signing five Michigan-based players could be and what to expect out of offensive lineman Michael Furtney
- 15:30: Interview with 2018 cornerback signee Travian Blaylock. He discusses his recruiting process; where Wisconsin sees him; the influence of his father, former NFL player Derrick Blaylock; and the bond of this 2018 class
- 27:30: What the early enrollees could bring to Wisconsin
- 32:25: Did the Ben Bryant situation hurt Wisconsin at all?
- 35:15: Chase Wolf and what he could bring at quarterback
- 38:15: Was there a position Wisconsin missed on?
- 41:45: Wisconsin’s walk-on class of 2018
- 44:00: Who to watch for until the official National Signing Day in February