MADISON — The Wisconsin Badgers will have to face an Iowa Hawkeyes team suddenly with a lot of momentum without two major contributors.
Head coach Paul Chryst announced on Monday that linebacker Chris Orr and wide receiver Quintez Cephus, along with three others, are listed as out for Saturday’s game in Madison. They join tight end Luke Benzschawel (right leg) and wide receivers Jazz Peavy (right leg) and George Rushing (left leg) with that designation.
Cephus will meet with a doctor either on Monday or Tuesday, Chryst said. The sophomore receiver leads the Badgers in receiving yards (501), touchdown receptions (six), and is tied for first in receptions (30).
Safety D’Cota Dixon, who exited Saturday’s game, is listed as questionable with a right leg injury, as is running back Chris James (left leg) and defensive end Isaiahh Loudermilk (left leg).
Here’s the full injury report released by Wisconsin on Monday:
- Safety D’Cota Dixon (right leg)
- Running back Chris James (left leg)
- Defensive end Isaiahh Loudermilk (left leg)
- Tight end Luke Benzschawel (right leg)
- Wide receiver Quintez Cephus (right leg)
- Inside linebacker Chris Orr (left leg)
- Wide receiver Jazz Peavy (right leg)
- Wide receiver George Rushing (left leg)
Out for season
- Outside linebacker Zack Baun (left foot)
- Running back Sam Brodner (left knee)
- Inside linebacker Jack Cichy (right knee)
- Running back Taiwan Deal (right leg)
- Safety Patrick Johnson (right arm)
- Inside linebacker Mason Stokke (right leg)