Happy Thanksgiving y’all. It’s Axe Week.
In this, the most magical of Wisconsin football seasons, let us continue B5Q’s annual tradition of giving thanks for all things Minnesota and the many bounties it brings.
Here are the things in 2017 that we love most about our dear friends to the west. Ranked.
14. Gophers going o’fer against Northwestern.
13. Brrrrrrrrrrrrock Lesnar
11. Mascot Twitter Fights
11. The North Stars (R.I.P.)
9. An Overflowing Harvest of Basketball Recruits
8. Brett Favre as a Viking (lolz)
(artist rendering below as an actual, literal viking)
7. Ryan Connelly
Eden Prairie, Minn., native/tackling machine
6. Luke Kunin, Minnesota Wild
5. Giving Wisconsin the annual opportunity to beat this guy #FLECKsanity.
4. Blair Walsh (still)
3. No. 1 Women’s hockey
2. Sydney Hilley
The Brooklyn Park, Minn., native is the country’s best freshman setter and the engine that makes women’s volleyball hum.