MADISON — The No. 4 Wisconsin Badgers released their preliminary injury report on Monday for Saturday’s match-up at Indiana.
There are significant contributors listed as questionable to start the week, including the Badgers’ leading rusher, receiver, and tackler.
Running back Jonathan Taylor (left leg) and wide receiver Quintez Cephus (head) are designated as questionable, as is strong safety D’Cota Dixon (right leg).
Taylor still leads the Big Ten in rushing with 1,185 yards and started off Saturday’s 24–10 win at Illinois with a solid 73 yards on 12 carries before exiting the game.
Cephus (28 receptions, 477 yards and five touchdowns this season) caught three passes for 31 yards against the Illini but was on the receiving end of a hit by James Knight, who was ejected for targeting.
Head coach Paul Chryst said during Monday’s press conference that he did not know if the injury occurred on that play.
“I don’t know, and going through, [Cephus] was really good during the game,” Chryst said. “You go and you see him and you’re talking. We did some stuff on the sideline at halftime that kind of changes and all that. Obviously, that was a play that he was involved in, but I don’t know because he was really good all game.”
Dixon, who still leads the team in tackles (43), was not listed on last week’s reports but did not play in Saturday’s win.
Also questionable for Indiana are fullback Austin Ramesh (head), wide receiver Danny Davis (left leg), running back Chris James (left leg), defensive end Isaiahh Loudermilk (left leg), and kicker P.J. Rosowski (right leg).
Out for this week again are wide receivers Jazz Peavy (right leg) and George Rushing (left leg), along with tight end Beau Benzschawel (right leg).
Here’s the full injury report, the photo of which is embedded in the tweet at the top of this story:
- Wide receiver Quintez Cephus (head)
- Wide receiver Danny Davis (left leg)
- Safety D’Cota Dixon (right leg)
- Running back Chris James (left leg)
- Defensive end Isaiahh Loudermilk (left leg)
- Fullback Austin Ramesh (head)
- Kicker P.J. Rosowski (right leg)
- Running back Jonathan Taylor (left leg)
- Tight end Luke Benzschawel (right leg)
- Wide receiver Jazz Peavy (right leg)
- Wide receiver George Rushing (left leg)
Out for season
- Outside linebacker Zack Baun (left foot)
- Running back Sam Brodner (left knee)
- Inside linebacker Jack Cichy (right knee)
- Running back Taiwan Deal (right leg)
- Safety Patrick Johnson (right arm)
- Inside linebacker Mason Stokke (right leg)