Week 14 was interesting and, at times, forgettable for several former Badgers. Before you read all about it, a quick reminder: for past performances this season, along with other Badgers in the NFL news, click here. A complete list of Badgers on NFL rosters can be found here.
Tanner McEvoy, Seattle Seahawks wide receiver
The former Wisconsin Swiss Army Knife was a rare bright spot on Sunday for Seattle, as he hauled in three passes (a career high) for 41 yards, including a 21-yard touchdown in the Seahawks 38-10 loss at Green Bay. The catch was Seattle’s lone touchdown on the day, and it was a pretty one that landed on the NFL’s Twitter countdown of the week’s top catches:
McEvoy now has seven catches on the season, five of which have come over the last two games.
Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks quarterback
Delivering the ball to McEvoy on the touchdown was Wilson, who had a career day for all the wrong reasons. The 38-10 loss was the most lopsided of Wilson’s career and his first loss of more than 10 points as a pro. Though not all five of his interceptions were his fault, the number also set a career high. Overall, Wilson finished 22-of-39 with 240 yards, a touchdown and those five picks.
Melvin Gordon, San Diego Chargers running back
Chargers' RB Melvin Gordon carted off the field with an apparent hip injury, and is questionable to return. pic.twitter.com/IEgZVZeSQW— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) December 11, 2016
Gordon entered Sunday with hopes of reaching 1,000 yards for the first time in his career. That changed when he was carted off with an injury in the first quarter against the Carolina Panthers. Gordon gained five yards on three carries for the day and currently sits three yards short of 1,000.
The second-year back underwent an MRI on Monday, which revealed a hip strain and a left knee sprain. The Chargers have listed him as day-to-day for now.
James White, New England Patriots running back
White continued his solid season on Monday Night Football. While he saw only two carries for three yards, he caught three balls for 81 yards, including this 61-yard reception that showcased his route-running ability and shiftiness:
Other notes and highlights:
- New York Giants linebacker Jonathan Casillas recorded a sack and a team-high four tackles in the team’s Sunday night victory over the Dallas Cowboys. The win kept New York’s hopes for a division crown alive.
- DeAndre Levy returned to action for the Detroit Lions. In his first game in about three months, Levy recorded four tackles.
- Wide receiver Alex Erickson caught one pass for 16 yards on Sunday. He continues to work as the Cincinnati Bengals’ primary return man as well; he returned three punts for 45 yards and three kicks for 51 yards.
- Brad Nortman punted four times for the Jacksonville Jaguars, recording a long of 54 yards and landing one inside the 20-yard line. He also had one of the punts partially blocked as the Jaguars fell to the Minnesota Vikings 25-16.
- Philadelphia Eagles defensive tackle Beau Allen recorded two tackles in Sunday’s loss to Washington.
- Lance Kendricks caught one pass for 13 yards for the Los Angeles Rams.
- Rick Wagner’s Baltimore Ravens fell to the Patriots on Monday night. Wagner is in a contract year and the tackle is gaining some attention for playing well at the “right time.”