James White, New England Patriots running back
White had possibly his best day as a pro, racking up a team-leading eight catches in New England’s 35-17 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals. He took full advantage of the receptions, taking them for 47 yards and two touchdowns, including a 15-yarder:
The third-year back also carried the ball seven times for 19 yards, yet Tom Brady was still able to find a fault with White despite his performance:
Brady was praising James White and goes "He went to Wisconsin. That's the only thing bad about him."— Mark Daniels (@MarkDanielsPJ) October 16, 2016
Melvin Gordon, San Diego Chargers running back
Though he didn’t find the end zone for the first time this season, Melvin Gordon gained 94 yards against the Denver Broncos’ vaunted defense. Forty-eight yards came on this run:
The 21-13 victory came on Thursday night, allowing Gordon to make the trip to Madison for the Badgers’ game against Ohio State on Saturday evening:
Jonathan Casillas, New York Giants linebacker
Casillas continued his strong 2016 campaign on Sunday, tallying 11 tackles (one for loss). The linebacker is now tied for 10th in the NFL in tackles.
Brad Nortman, Jacksonville Jaguars punter
Nortman punted five times on Sunday, with two landing inside the opponent’s 20-yard line. His 52.2 yard average was the best in the NFL in Week 6 and helped earn him a nomination for AFC Special Teams Player of the Week:
Russell Wilson, Seattle Seahawks quarterback
The Seahawks defeated the Atlanta Falcons, 26-24, on Sunday behind Wilson’s 270 passing yards. Wilson failed to throw a touchdown but avoided mistakes as he earned his 50th win in only his 69th game —the fastest an NFL player has ever reached 50 wins.
Lance Kendricks, Los Angeles Rams tight end
Kendricks scored his first touchdown of 2016 on Sunday, a 15-yard reception in a 31-28 loss. In total, he recorded 5 receptions and 34 yards.
Other notes and highlights:
- Cleveland Browns tackle Joe Thomas once again started as the left tackle for the team. However, Thomas listed himself as questionable on his own version of the team’s injury report:
BREAKING NEWS: Joe Thomas questionable with a receding hairline. pic.twitter.com/94Y5vKtTQy— Joe Thomas (@joethomas73) October 14, 2016
- Chargers fullback Derek Watt recorded a catch on Thursday night. The play came to an end on a hurdle attempt by Watt:
- Philadelphia Eagles defensive lineman Beau Allen tallied three tackles as the Eagles dropped their game to the Washington Redskins.
- Seahawks wide receiver Tanner McEvoy caught a pass for 18 yards.
- Rookie linebacker Joe Schobert recorded a tackle for the Browns on Sunday.
- Former Badgers defensive back Darius Hillary was added to the Browns’ practice squad on Tuesday.