Former Wisconsin Badgers running back Melvin Gordon went on the Dan Patrick Show Tuesday morning to talk about the NFL combine and share some laughs with Dan Patrick.
Here's a quick recap on some of the topics they discussed:
• Gordon thought he did alright at the combine, but aimed to do better.
• When asked if he was nervous at any given point, Gordon said it was when he got to the 40-yard dash.
• When asked by Patrick, he said he thought the 40-yard dash isn't relevant. Said game speed is what truly matters.
• Regarding his team interviews, Gordon said they went well and there were a lot of questions, but not any tough questions.
• Apparently, Gordon doesn't have a girlfriend.
• On where he'll get drafted, Gordon said he doesn't know. Notes how the draft board changes all the time.
• Gordon thinks quarterback Jameis Winston will go first in the draft, calling him a "ball player." Thinks he's a good football player and liked his swagger.
• Gordon said Winston and fellow quarterback Marcus Mariota are different personalities. Winston's a little more outgoing while Mariota is a quiet guy, but Gordon said he believes you can be a leader and be a quieter guy.
• Gordon said he watched Mariota run the 40-yard dash: "He's got wheels, man."
• On his favorite team or one he wants to go to, Gordon said he doesn't have one and just wants to go to one that fits him.
• Gordon did say he liked the Minnesota Vikings when Adrian Peterson played for them, and also admitted he does look good in purple.
• Gordon laughed when Patrick asked him if people come up to him in person, wanting to try to tackle the 6'1, 215-pound back. Some fun stories told here.