Wisconsin released the salary information for its next football coaching staff on Tuesday, and Jeff Potrykus of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel has the numbers on Paul Chryst's first group.
Both offensive and defensive coordinators -- Joe Rudolph and Dave Aranda -- have their contracts expire on Jan. 31, 2017. Rudolph, who serves as the offensive line coach, will make $570,000 a year ($300,000 base), while Aranda will be paid $520,000 per year ($300,000 base) while he also coaches the inside linebackers.
The other Wisconsin assistants' contacts will expire on June 30, 2016. Here are the figures for each:
- Ted Gilmore (wide receivers): $265,000
- Mickey Turner (tight ends): $125,000.
- Inoke Breckterfield (defensive line): $215,000
- Tim Tibesar (outside linebackers): $250,000
- Daronte' Jones (defensive backs): $215,000
- Chris Haering (special teams): $250,000
As 247Sports' Evan Flood notes, the highest paid non-coordinator under former head coach Gary Andersen in 2014 was former offensive line coach T.J. Woods at $250,000. Last year's Badgers staff (nine assistants) made a collective $2,368,600; this year's eight (running backs coach is still open) will make $2,410,000.
There is still no official word about on the replacement for former RB coach Thomas Brown.