UPDATE, 2:04 p.m.: Tight end Austin Maly is now off the roster. The story below has been updated.
Wisconsin's updated 2015 spring roster hit the team's website on Friday. No major position changes were shown for players like Tanner McEvoy, Connor Senger and Natrell Jamerson -- all of whom have been linked to position changes over the winter.
Aside from senior attrition and junior running back Melvin Gordon declaring for the NFL draft, there appears to be some turnover from the 2014 roster, though no notable confirmations of any transfers.
As he stated on Twitter in December, linebacker Chasen Andersen is no longer on Wisconsin's roster, as he transferred to Utah State. Freshman outside linebacker Matt Austin appears to be off the roster as well. Offensive lineman Trent Denlinger is not on the spring roster, which seems to confirm reports of him leaving football due to injury. Reports also stated tight end Austin Maly was graduating, and he is indeed not listed on the roster.
Sophomore offensive lineman Jaden Gault is remains on the roster, which is a positive sign.
Perhaps the biggest news to come from the updated roster was the fact two players -- McEvoy and Natrell Jamerson -- did not officially change positions, at least for now. Defensive coordinator Dave Aranda said on National Signing Day that he's let head coach Paul Chryst know where he wants McEvoy to play next season. McEvoy did primarily play on defense in the Outback Bowl against Auburn, but official confirmation won't come until practices start in mid-March.
Reports indicated Jamerson was moving to the defensive backfield, but the roster says he's still at wide receiver. As noted above, he's now wearing No. 84 -- a number typically used for wide receivers -- and is a departure from wearing No. 12 last season.
Senger, who also was reported to have been getting reps at wide receiver during December practices, is still positioned at quarterback on the roster.
Here's a list of players whose positions have changed on the updated spring roster:
- Sophomore Austin Ramesh at running back instead of fullback
- Fifth-year senior A.J. Jordan at cornerback instead of safety
- Sophomore Austin Hudson at defensive back instead of strictly safety
- Sophomore Jack Cichy at inside linebacker from outside linebacker
- Sophomore Keelon Brookins at safety instead of outside linebacker
Along with roster moves, some players switched numbers. Please note, Here's a few:
- Junior defensive back Serge Trezy wearing No. 3
- McEvoy, sophomore wide receiver Jazz Peavy and senior cornerback T.J. Reynard all are listed as No. 11
- Freshman quarterback Austin Kafentzis wearing No. 17, which belonged to sophomore wide receiver George Rushing. Rushing now is listed as No. 87.
- True freshman quarterback Alex Hornibrook wearing No. 18
- Redshirt freshman wide receiver Noah Stengel wearing No. 32
- Freshman linebacker Nick Thomas wearing No. 45
- Freshman tight end Kyle Penniston and redshirt freshman linebacker Justin Schweitzer wearing No. 49
- Linebacker Ty DeForest, a walk-on true freshman who enrolled early, wearing No. 54
- Freshman offensive lineman Jon Dietzen wearing No. 67
- As noted, Jamerson switches numbers from No. 12 to No. 84
- Sophomore wide receiver Krenwick Sanders switches from No. 10, which he shared with sophomore kicker Rafael Gaglianone, to No. 85