Wisconsin head coach Gary Andersen held his usual end-of-week media availability on Thursday, updating where the Badgers stand entering Saturday's game vs. Bowling Green. You can watch his full interview above; below are the highlights.
- Freshman running back Taiwan Deal will remain out (hand) for an extended period of time; "weeks, depending on how he heals," Andersen said.
- Fullback Derek Straus (collarbone) is 10-to-14 days away from returning.
- Freshman cornerback Derrick Tindal received praise from Andersen, who said he would see the field more because of his athleticism.
- Andersen compared Bowling Green's offense to Air Force in the style of preparation needed for the game. He said vs. Air Force, he wouldn't know if his game plan was going to work until after the first possession.
- Wisconsin will wear its red helmets with two black stripes surrounding a white stripe on the top of the helmet. The Badgers first unveiled the alternates last season vs. Illinois.
- Andersen was pleased with the two weeks of practice and the progress in the run game.
- Fullback Austin Ramesh would be the No. 3 tailback if needed. Dare Ogunbowale, who recently moved to running back from cornerback because of the injuries to Deal and Caleb Kinlaw, would be the No. 4 running back.