It goes without saying that the Badgers have had struggles getting a second receiver to emerge over the past couple of seasons. I won't belabor the point further, only to say that the Badgers were looking to add at least one more receiver to the commitment of Chris Jones. Today, the Badgers have potentially added a good one.
Krenwick Sanders always had the Badgers in the lead after his visit in the Tennessee Tech game. But Sanders was a former Georgia commit and he had interest from Florida State as well as Florida, South Carolina and Vanderbilt. But after a visit from running backs coach Thomas Hammock during the bye week, Sanders was ready to make Madison his home.
Sanders is the first recruit from the state of Georgia the Badgers have received a commitment from since Safety Roderick Rogers a decade ago, and there's a decent chance that he won't be the last as his high school teammate, defensive lineman Jeremy Patterson, has the Badgers listed as a favorite as well.
More from Bucky's 5th Quarter:
- 2013 Big Ten hockey preview: Wisconsin the favorite in new era
- Turnover battle could be key element for Wisconsin vs. Northwestern
- Wild History: Wisconsin vs. Northwestern in the 2000s
- Mid-Season Diagnosis: Wisconsin Football
- Northwestern vs. Wisconsin preview: A showdown in Madison
- Rigsby named WCHA Defensive Player of the Week
- Updated TV Schedule: Three national games added to hockey Badgers' slate