The Wisconsin Badgers haven't defeated the Ohio State Buckeyes since 2004. Note that the Badgers and Buckeyes did not play in 2005 and 2006, but Bret Bielema is 0-3 against Ohio State with losses against Jim Tressel and company in the past three years. This is Bielema's second opportunity to defeat The Ohio State University at home; the first was thwarted by a Terrelle Pryor touchdown run with one minute left on a play where the Wisconsin defense wasn't ready. And although Wisconsin lost 31-13 to the Buckeyes last year, Paul Chryst doesn't seem to care:
"You've got Ohio State coming in. . . . Who gives a (expletive) about last year? That is the message."
It's going to take a good week of preparation and a solid four-quarter effort on Saturday, but I think the Badgers have a great shot at knocking off the current number one team in the land. Continue reading this post for more links and the Tuesday Top Five.
The Tuesday Top Five: Best pizza places in Madison, Wisconsin
1. Toppers Pizza - Nice assortment of pizza choices, great location with respect to Camp Randall, and the Topperstix are to die for.
2. Pizza Di Roma - Underrated pizza, and it's cheap. You get a lot of good-tasting pizza for not a lot of dough (see what I did there?), but let's not get into the health aspects of making this your pizza choice.
3. Ians Pizza - Probably the most hip pizza place in Madison, they specialize in Mac-n-Cheese pizza. But I find it slightly overrated and the pizza isn't cheap.
4. The Roman Candle - A lot of quirky pizza options, a good place to go if you're looking for something different than your typical slice of pepperoni.
5. Gumby's Pizza - Because who doesn't love pizza sponsored by their child's favorite cartoon character?
If Wisconsin is to beat Ohio State, the Badgers can't afford two pick-sixes from Scott Tolzien again this year.
The Badgers look to take down Iowa at Kinnick Stadium in two weeks; the game will begin at 2:30 PM CT and will be broadcast by ABC.
According to Bo Ryan, the Badgers basketball squad has found a shoe. Now they just need to find the other one.
The Badger Herald's Mike Fiammetta says that James White is the best running back on Wisconsin's roster.
Here's Adam Rittenberg's midseason review of Wisconsin.
How did the Wisconsin alumni in the NFL fare this past weekend? Badgers in the NFL, Week Five will let you know.
Four days to Brutus/Bucky!