The St. Petersburg Times reported Monday that Conor O'Neal, a 6'3'', 235-pound defensive tackle from Lithia, Fla. (Newsome) has verbally committed to Wisconsin.
Don't get him confused with Conor O'Neill, a linebacker from Fort Lauderdale, Fla. who has also given Bret Bielema a verbal commitment.
Imagine those two on the field at the same time: "Conor O'Neal and Conor O'Neill combine for the tackle. Really it was O'Neill with an "I" who forced the pressure, while O'Neal with an "A" came and cleaned him up."
Some other links:
- Thursday's game against Minnesota is certainly a scary one, but as our friends at FromtheBarn.com know, the Gophers haven't won in Madison in a long, long time.
- JSOnine.com takes a look at some of the projected seedings for Badgers right now.
- The Journal Times has a good story on the torch being passed to John Clay.
- Todd Milewski of The Capital Times has an interesting story on how history is on the men's hockey team's side.
- I participate in these power rankings every year on BadgerNation.com. Unfortunately you have to subscribe to the web site to read the story, but if you access to it, it's worth checking out. For the record, this is how I voted:
- Michigan State
- Ohio State
- Penn State