The Wisconsin Badgers had quite the crazy end to National Signing Day. We recapped it here on the Kielbasa Kings Sports Extravaganza:
I start off the show breaking down the 2014 class and initial reactions to the large focus on the wide receiver and offensive line positions.
At the 13-minute mark, we play our conversation with incoming freshman guard George Panos. What made him commit so early? What kept him a solid verbal to the program? How does he expect to compete his freshman year? He lets us know.
Ben Worgull from BadgerNation.com comes on around the 20 minute mark:
- What are his impressions of the class?
- Who can have an immediate impact right off the bat?
- Fans' perceptions of the class and how they can be distorted from what the coaching staff actually accomplished.
- The impact of the loss of running backs coach Thomas Hammock.
- How the Badgers will find a way to get reps for all the quarterbacks.
- Thoughts around the Big Ten and who won big on National Signing Day.
"The Polish Rifle" Scott Wisniewski joins me at the 45-minute mark as he gives his thoughts on recruiting, and how class and star rankings may or may not be a true indicator of a program's success.