Sometimes it can be a matter of who you know.
Now, we aren't certain as to how much input Jakarrie Washington had in the recruiting process of three-star safety Lubern Figaro, but tonight Figaro became the Badgers' 14th commitment in the first full class under Gary Andersen after his visit with the Badgers this weekend. Wisconsin beat out Boston College, Michigan State, Syracuseand Vanderbilt for the commitment of Figaro, and the 6-foot-1, 185-pound safety decided after his first visit that Madison was the place for him.
In fact, it may have been Badger Nation that sealed the deal...
Take a bow #Wisconsin fans. When talking to newest commit Lubern Figaro his first 3 sentences were about the fans atmosphere and crowd noise— Brad Bournival (@bbournival) September 26, 2013
Figaro joins Tampa-area safety Austin Hudson in the 2014 recruiting class and had five sacks and three tackles as a junior, showing himself to be a playmaker in both the offensive and defensive backfields
More from Bucky's 5th Quarter:
- Week 5 Preview: Wisconsin vs. Ohio State
- Wisconsin defense dealing with unexpected challenge against Ohio State
- Wisconsin looking for collective improvement in passing game
- THE NARRATIVES PREVIEW: Wisconsin vs. Ohio State
- Wisconsin defense review: Badgers derail Purdue
- Endless hype: Melvin Gordon, James White form Wisconsin's most explosive RB tandem ever