In some surprising news, the Wisconsin Badgers have managed to get a recruit to flip from his previous commitment for a third straight day. Tonight, Lake Vilia (Lakes), Ill., athlete TJ Edwards joins Dareian Watkins and Micah Kapoi as recruits who have changed their commitments to join up with the Badgers.
Edwards, who committed to Western Michigan on June 10, was one of the unofficial visitors to Madison Saturday and was only too happy to flip from the Broncos. His Hudl profile shows that the Badgers may have found themselves a sleeper in the two-star Edwards. He has the athleticism to make defenders miss at the high school level as a spread quarterback, plus he shows a willingness to close and hit as a safety, though the expectations are that Edwards will join Rohan Blackwood as an outside linebacker for this class.
In short, he may be the intriguing Leon Jacobs-type that grows from this class.
Edwards, the Badgers' first 2014 commit from the state of Illinois, also had received an offer from Toledo as he went through his recruitment.
- 2013 All-Big Ten Football Teams: Wisconsin has 14 selections
- Wisconsin hockey recruiting: Blue-chip recruit Dante Fabbro scheduled for visit
- Week 5 college basketball rankings: Wisconsin remains top-10 in USA TODAY Coaches Poll, AP Top 25
- The Monday After: Penn State vs. Wisconsin
- Wisconsin vs. Minnesota: 5 things I think I think