You didn't forget, did you? Saturday, Wisconsin will be sporting the red helmets initially teased in an episode of "The Camp" a few weeks ago. The Badgers will also reportedly wear an all-red jersey-pants ensemble, providing what should be a fresh look that's an obvious departure from the traditional red-jersey, white-pants home uniforms.
Getting the red helmets ready to go. Gonna look sweet. pic.twitter.com/NCtaOpGxNv— Wisconsin Equipment (@UWequipment) September 6, 2013
Nice indeed. Back in that Camp episode, head coach Gary Andersen indicated the Badgers could wear them in other games this season, too. The responsibility for deciding that will apparently fall to the team's leadership committee, another new addition Andersen has implemented in his first season at UW.
On the back, you can also see the "Otis" sticker the helmets will sport in honor of former manager Kevin "Otis" Green, who died in a June car crash in Walworth, Wis.
Shout out to Otis and the USA pic.twitter.com/nO2R5ooMRw— Wisconsin Equipment (@UWequipment) September 6, 2013
Personally, I like the look. Clean, different and not this, which I think is the benchmark for acceptable Big Ten uniform changes. What about you? We have a nifty poll device below for your voting interests, and the comments are also at your disposal as always.
More from Bucky's 5th Quarter:
- Wisconsin's 3-4 defense showing what it can do, but not everything
- KKSE Episode 9: Wisconsin Week 1 recap
- The 2013-14 Wisconsin Badgers will be good, but are they national championship-caliber?
- Tennessee Tech vs. Wisconsin preview: Badgers face FCS squad
- Wisconsin running backs hope to shine all season
- Wisconsin football's "The Camp" finale