UPDATE, 5:21 p.m.: Potrykus has confirmed with a UW official that Washington was dismissed. ESPN Wisconsin's Zach Heilprin also spoke with an official who said there was "no chance" that Washington could return to the team.
Wisconsin cornerback Jakarrie Washington has been dismissed from the program, according to Jeff Potrykus of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Washington is a freshman from Everett, Mass., who appeared in 11 games and recorded 10 tackles for the Badgers this season.
#badgers Coach GAndersen: CB Jakarrie Washington dismissed for violation of team rules.— Jeff Potrykus (@jaypo1961) December 14, 2013
Washington was also disciplined earlier in the season and missed the Nov. 2 game at Iowa. Details regarding this alleged violation remain unknown. He came to Madison as a three-star recruit via 247 Sports' composite rankings. Wisconsin also recruited one of Washington's former teammates at Everett, safety Lubern Figaro, back in September.
"Is that a forever thing?" Andersen said after Friday's practice. "I don't know, but we'll continue working through that with a lot of those kids.
"He's excited. It's a more than an experiment. It's a good opportunity for A.J. to get in there because he's shown he can tackle. He's shown he's physical. We're just kind of seeing where we're at and how he handles the whole thing. Could be either (corner or safety). He's a good-looking kid that plays hard."
We'll update this post with details as they come.
- Colorado College vs. Wisconsin recap: Badgers tough out 4-1 win
- Capital One Bowl 2014: Dallas Lewallen still a question mark for Wisconsin vs. South Carolina
- Wisconsin football recruiting: DB/ATH Serge Trezy becomes Wisconsin's 25th commit for 2014
- Wisconsin hockey series preview: Former WCHA rival Colorado College comes to Madison
- Badger Bits: How long can Wisconsin stay undefeated?