Wisconsin Director of Athletics Barry Alvarez is expected to be named to the College Football Playoff selection committee, per a report from CBSSports.com.
Back in August, Alvarez indicated that he had expressed interest in the committee and spoken to Bill Hancock, the executive director of the College Football playoff, "multiple times." According to CBS Sports, Alvarez will represent the Big Ten on the committee.
Other ADs expected to join Alvarez are USC's Pat Haden representing the Pac-12 and West Virginia's Oliver Luck for the Big 12.
Late last month, Hancock indicated he was hoping to have the committee fully set by the end of this regular season. The committee is expected to include 12-18 members who are sitting athletic directors and former players, coaches, administrators, as well as one former journalist. Current conference commissioners will not be included.
This initial trio of members is hardly a surprise, and will likely be met with widespread praise. Alvarez, Haden and Luck manage three of college football's most successful programs, and their reputations and influence have long been among the most significant.
More from Bucky's 5th Quarter:
- Offensive-minded Wisconsin starts practice for Bo Ryan's 13th season
- Film Review: Adjusting routes to coverage
- DL Joe Keels to become Wisconsin's 15th commitment in 2014
- WISCruiting Weekly: Oct. 2, 2013
- Kielbasa Kings Episode 13.5: Former Wisconsin WR Paul Hubbard
- Chris Borland and Jared Abbrederis: A memorial to a losing effort